I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

1 hour ago, jwc said:

My wife drinks Jim Beam and Jim Beam only.  Their Black Extra Aged is the best bang for the buck..

You know, I concur.  That is their best bang and I pick up a bottle of it from time to time.  There's a mom-and-pop distillery right up the road, called "Old 55" that makes a single-barrel variety to die for.  Over 100 proof with a killer initial burn that morphs into an orgasmic aftertaste (as in inducing one -- I wouldn't have the first clue about the taste of a produced one -- hey, whatever floats your boat and all that, I'm just talking about me here).

Oh, you'd never believe where I found the gadgets.  I don't... even remember going in that room...

IMG_20190824_193457623_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Bruce Edgar concluded that First order networks sounded best with his horns.

I believe Chris says the same thing when going active.

I'm afraid I mostly stay with beer. Used to drink scotch...

14 minutes ago, Marvel said:
53 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Bruce Edgar concluded that First order networks sounded best with his horns.

I believe Chris says the same thing when going active.

I keep meaning to ask him if he's toyed yet with FIR filters.  I guess I don't know whether his crossovers can even do them.  A smooth and minimal phase rotation is what he's gone for recently and with IIR (same as with passives?) it can only be done best at 1st-order.  I'd like to see what can be achieved with FIR at various rates of attenuation.  But not badly enough to make any investment.  I've only got a single working two-channel amp and am using speakers with built-in passive networks for the foreseeable future.

A bourbon/whiskey thread, interesting. In the tech mod section at that. Is that the common denominator? 

Bulleit is what really turned me on to bourbon about ten years ago. For the price, delicious. Rye began as my favorite, however I bounce back and forth now. I have always enjoyed wine and beer, but a good bourbon goes a long way with complex flavors. 

While this his thread was fledgling I was still working outside tonite, and enjoying a few glasses of makers 46, with one ice cube. Glad to see I wasn’t the only one.

6 hours ago, Deang said:

Ties are on opposite ends of the capacitors to cancel out dielecteic phase wave irregularities.

The round thing is a combatistrator. Patent Pending.

20190818_125114.jpg

Im always excited to see what creation youre working on Dean.  

On 8/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, Deang said:

Ties are on opposite ends of the capacitors to cancel out dielectric wave phase irregularities.

The round thing is a combatistrator. Patent Pending.

20190818_125114.jpg

I am fondly recalling those Jensen type A of yours I quite enjoyed...  against medical advice. 

If you're really into Old Forester then Birthday Bourbon is the end all. Every release I have tried is amazing, but it is getting harder to acquire each year. Dean, you have a real winner with the Whistle Pig 12 year Old World. Great Rye for the price. Whistle Pig does rye right IMO! Unfortunately this is currently a terrible market for drinkers of premium whiskey. Current supply is way below demand. With the current expansion in the industry that should change in about 10 years. Waiting patiently. I should flip some Pappy's and Weller's to fund some Jube's while the market is still crazy!

Jeremy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capo72 said:

I should flip some Pappy's and Weller's to fund some Jube's while the market is still crazy!

Not selling my William Larue Weller.  I'll eventually find another and then I'll feel good about opening one.  If I never find one then I'll pop the top on the one I have when I retire in a few years.  I've got a half a dozen 12s to keep me going in the mean time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Not selling my William Larue Weller.  I'll eventually find another and then I'll feel good about opening one.  If I never find one then I'll pop the top on the one I have when I retire in a few years.  I've got a half a dozen 12s to keep me going in the mean time.

WLW is in my top 5 all time! I'm the same way, I don't like to open something if I don't have a back up. The 12's are getting crazy too; I also have a stash. I keep my bunker stocked with my favorites every time I can find them at retail. I have a good stash of Weller 12 and SR. I would like to add some antique 107 to not feel guilty about drinking it. I have a nice stash of Blanton's as well. I can't believe how hard that is to get now. I used to buy it at Walmart years ago! BTW nothing is for sale here either! I was just kidding about flipping...or was I? Would like Jubes though!