I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

2 hours ago, Deang said:

Nope, they spell it "Whisky". The Irish spell it "Whiskey". 

This is obviously not a hard rule, but I have heard people in the industry say that if the country of origin has an "E" in the name, then it is spelled whiskey. If no "E" in the country name then it is Whisky. YMMV

Jeremy

17 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

You're welcome!!    If you can score a few bottles, especially the single barrel, buy them and keep em for me till the spring.....  Almost impossible to find here in NW Indiana.

It's a problem around here as well.  I will absolutely pick up what I can when we make the run.  I couldn't remember who brought the Taylor to Bourbon fest at the Super 8, but after a couple of hours, nothing was really crystal clear.  LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, capo72 said:

This is obviously not a hard rule, but I have heard people in the industry say that if the country of origin has an "E" in the name, then it is spelled whiskey. If no "E" in the country name then it is Whisky. YMMV

Jeremy

That's interesting.

Just found this:

'"Maker's Mark chooses the Scottish way to spell whisky, even though it's an all-American bourbon through and through ... So why we do we spell whisky without the "e" at Maker's Mark? The Samuels decided to pay homage to their Scottish-Irish heritage.'"

14 hours ago, Deang said:

And Dickel 12 is a Tennessee whiskey that tastes like swallowing cane sugar. JD is the same way - 

Did a lot of Scotch before I discovered Bourbon. Glenfiddich 18 is really good.

The single Malt Scotch used to be my go to.   I was the 12 or 18 year Glenlivet or Glenfiddich  all the time.  For some reason, I didn't care for the 15 years.

Macallan I didn't like as much for some reason.

The Balvenie 12 is great but gets me in trouble.

Back to Bourbons.....the Bulleit line is not to my liking but multiple of my family members are a fan.  My wife and I are Beam fans.  My Mom and Step Dad always drink Makers Mark or Makers 46.  My Dad and brother in law always drink Blended Scotches....which I only drink if I had too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Today's edition that I'm quite fond of already (new to me) 

1566932198515878926828562461408.jpg

•  
  •  
  • CECAA850
  • Moderators
  • 39578 posts
On 8/26/2019 at 4:00 PM, JohnA said:

My all time favorite is Elijah Craig Single Barrel, 18 y.o.

Their small batch is a great bang for the buck bourbon.