I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

17 hours ago, Deang said:

High rye Boubon and good rye whiskey is amazing. Whiskey that tastes like candy is for *******.

I would agree that bourbons with advertised flavor such as "apple" is for occasional novelty

I rarely drink them......no different than occasionally blueberry or blackberry local wines.  I wouldnt say they suck.....but not something I look forward too after a stressful day at work.

So Im gonna look into this cranky rye $hit and give it an honest try.  Anyone found the 1910 Forrester yet.  Should I try Whistlepig?

10 minutes ago, jwc said:

Is that old stock?  Or u just found new released at store?

Old Forester 1910.  I have a couple of bottles at the house, but this past week I asked the distributor what the story is for the latest release.  They told me they have 50 cases ordered for the state, but no on has it on the shelf yet.  And, they couldn't tell me yet which stores will be receiving it.  The search goes on.....

27 minutes ago, windashine said:

I don't drink in the morning, and then it's not before 5pm on occasion, but someone has to try "Woody Creek" - I'm terrible at taste testing, because it happens at the same time that the thirst is getting that quench....

DSC02010b.jpg

They make a hell of a vodka.  One of my favorites. 

Woodford Reserve has made repeat performances here.  A couple times back when fetching some refreshment the shelf was empty for what I'd had in mind.  The young clerk suggest Proper 12 (I think; it's marketed by some famous MMA fighter) so I bought one.  I've gone through a second as well and plan to make room for it in rotation.