I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

1 hour ago, Deang said:

No, but 1910 is not single batch, and is consistently rated lower than the 1920

All Boubon is good, right?

I'm surprised that you of all people are dissing the 1910 without ever trying it.  I'd take it all day over any of their other offerings.

No, I don't like all bourbon. 

Actually I'm drinking a 120 minute Dogfishhead beer as I type.   Going to do some Eagle Rare after this.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm surprised that you of all people are dissing the 1910 without ever trying it.  I'd take it all day over any of their other offerings.

No, I don't like all bourbon. 

Actually I'm drinking a 120 minute Dogfishhead beer as I type.   Going to do some Eagle Rare after this.

Hey, it's after 5 in Chattavegas!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 5:00 PM, CECAA850 said:

Going to do some Eagle Rare after this.

Just picked up some Eagle rare.  The owner kept it in the back for some reason.  I got my name on the list for the Forester 1910 and Weller 12.  He believes he will only get about 6 bottles of the 1910.  The Weller 12 may not be obtainable right now.  He says he is gonna buy the whole barrel of a new Weller coming out.

1 hour ago, jwc said:

Just picked up some Eagle rare.  The owner kept it in the back for some reason.  I got my name on the list for the Forester 1910 and Weller 12.  He believes he will only get about 6 bottles of the 1910.  The Weller 12 may not be obtainable right now.  He says he is gonna buy the whole barrel of a new Weller coming out.

Got a bottle over the new batch 1910 this past weekend. 

15 hours ago, jwc said:

He says he is gonna buy the whole barrel of a new Weller coming out.

That must be the Weller Full Proof (blue label). I have not personally seen this in the wild yet and believe me I look hard. I've been working on all of my connections and from what I have seen, doing a barrel pick and bottling it is the only way to guarantee stock. Distribution is very hit and miss. Smaller stores are forced to buy several cases of lower end product in order to get a couple restricted or allocated bottles.

1 hour ago, capo72 said:

That must be the Weller Full Proof (blue label). I have not personally seen this in the wild yet and believe me I look hard. I've been working on all of my connections and from what I have seen, doing a barrel pick and bottling it is the only way to guarantee stock. Distribution is very hit and miss. Smaller stores are forced to buy several cases of lower end product in order to get a couple restricted or allocated bottles.

This is exactly what the owner explained to me.  He will have to buy the whole barrel and plans too.  Yes.....And I might have to buy a bunch of Buffalo Trace or something.

He says he gets Pappy from time to time......and sells for a great price.  However, he expects you to buy a couple of cases of your goto.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:37 PM, JohnA said:

Here's one of the barrel finished Chattanooga Whiskeys I have enjoyed.  Looks like some other weevils have been in it.

P_20190908_233249.jpg

Is that your favorite one from there?  Have you tried the Beer finished or the 91 Malt?

So I cant decide which I like better.  Picture of 2 ongoing favorites in my house.  Jefferson Ocean close behind.  Weller Special next behind.  Eagle Rare, Singe Barrell 4 Roses, Single Barrel JimBeam are behind those.

Im trying to locate Town Branch Malt.  That will be my next purchase.

20190921_070858.jpg

It's hard for me to rate them. I enjoy most Bourbon and Rye. I'm doing some Knob Creek single barrel right now, and it's very good. It's really fun just to collect them and then pop them - it's all good to me. I'm sitting on so much good stuff right now - I'll get to them all eventually.

Elijah Craig barrel proof batch 519

Angels Envy finished in port barrels

Whistlepig Piggyback (3)

Jefferson's Ocean Aged Cask Strength Voyage 18 (2)

Jefferson's Ocean Aged Voyage 17

Jefferson's Reserve very small batch (2)

Jefferson's Reserve Pritchard Hill

Whistlepig 10 year single barrel limited release (spicey pig).

Bulleit Barrel Strength 

Eagle Rare

Bookers 2019-3 (2)

Forrester's single barrel limited release.

20190921_154406.jpg

• Like 1