I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

Id say is hard to rank too.  But when you drink a cluster of them in a small period of time...you can kinda rank.  However, there are special attributes you can't compare.  Such as u may enjoy one because of spice.  Another because of the smoothness.  Another for the caramel aftertaste,,etc

Ok. Looking at the stash. 

Knob Creek

Bookers 2016 05.

Blantons

Wild Turkey single barrel.

Belle Meade

Belle Meade cognac cask

Michters small batch

Makers Mark cask strength. 

Elijah Craig small batch

Elijah Craig barrel proof.

Buffalo Trace (store pick x2)

Amador

Larceny

Bullet barrel strength 

Widow Jane 10 year

Colonel Taylor Small Batch

Colonel Taylor single barrel

George T Stagg

William Larue Weller 

Eagle Rare (store pick)

Weller 12 x 7

Old Forester 1910 x2

Ezra Brooks 

Right, but I'm not going to chase trucks or stand in line at 10 in the morning to see what shows up. Stuff some people do is crazy, and what they're trying to score isn't even all that great. I just got some Eagle Rare, and after hearing so much about it, felt a little let down. The Jefferson's very old small batch is so much better.

23 minutes ago, Deang said:

Right, but I'm not going to chase trucks or stand in line at 10 in the morning to see what shows up. Stuff some people do is crazy, and what they're trying to score isn't even all that great. I just got some Eagle Rare, and after hearing so much about it, felt a little let down. The Jefferson's very old small batch is so much better.

Not a huge Eagle rare fan.  A local store went to the distillery and tasted a bunch of barrels and bought the one they preferred (store pick).  It's MUCH better IMO than the standard bottle they offer.

14 hours ago, Deang said:

That would be Single Barrel, and no such animal exists for Eagle Rare - someone is pulling your leg.

This is a huge multi store company.   They have several tasters that go and buy barrels.  Normally when they get one they sell out in a day.   Their store pics are always much better than the normal offerings for some reason.

20190922_090853-1.jpg

20 minutes ago, Deang said:

Yeah, I bet that's yummy. I figured it would be single barrel, but doubted that a store could pick their own barrel. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/johnmccarthy12/2017/04/04/how-to-buy-a-barrel-of-bourbon/amp/

I have a store pick Elijah Craig and also a Buffalo Trace.  They're very good IMO.  Whoever they use to pick them out seems to like the same things I do.  They're getting a good reputation as far as their picks go so they sell out almost immediately. 

• Like 1