I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

46 minutes ago, dtel said:

Not bourbon but scotch and very strange.

Like Tide pods for adults :huh:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/business/glenlivet-whisky-scotch-pods.html

Glenlivet, one of the venerable names in Scotch whisky, experimented with something new this month: a tiny whisky cocktail that comes in a clear, edible packet instead of a glass.

It even came with a hashtag for social media: #noglassrequired. But Twitter users seemed unimpressed, and a little freaked out.

In a video released last week, Glenlivet described the walnut-size pouches as “edible cocktail capsules made from seaweed, meaning no need for a glass, ice or a cocktail stirrer.”

“To enjoy them, pop the capsule in your mouth and take a bite to release the delicious cocktail ingredients,” said the video, which as of Monday had been viewed more than 8.5 million times on Twitter. Three cocktails are available in the pouches, and the recipes were developed by Tayer + Elementary, a bar in London.

07xp-whisky-superJumbo.jpg

great idea for the person on the go.  opening a bottle and taking a slug just takes too much darned time. but, let’s pitch in and buy Carl some. 

1 minute ago, RT FAN said:

Good luck, it has all but disappeared here in NYC.

It's amazing what's available in different parts of the country.  I left a bottle on the shelf about a month ago while I was grabbing 2 bottles of Weller 12.

• Like 1

Bar & Grill across the street has Old Rip Van Winkle ... $35 a shot.  Just saw it there the other day after sampling their Stagg Jr (which was pretty good).  Haven’t made it back over there yet to try to Van Winkle; but, will have to soon ... looked like there was only about a quarter of the bottle left and i doubt they have more.

Whistlepig Straight.  Bold....and that isnt the alcohol im tastin.  Growing on me.

Town Branch Malt.  The most malt Ive ever tasted in a bourbon or scotch.  It is good.

Wheated Jefferson.  Cinnamon  and smooth.  Very good. 

My step dad was here last friday.  Tasted lots of my bourbon.  He liked the Weller Special and the wheated jefferson the best.

11 hours ago, jwc said:

So WTF is gonna happen to the Weller line?  Wont see anything till next year?  Blue?

All stores sold out.

Next year is in 2 months.  Seems thst they sell it as fast as its aged and bottled.  Special Reserve can be had by the case around here.   All the other Weller products fly off the shelves.

I've learned that Bourbon reviews are like high end audio reviews -- wtf are these people tasting, lol.

I recently discovered that I like stuff that has spent some time in wine barrels, like Angel's Envy and Jefferson's Pritchard Hill Cabernet. Based on that, someone recommended Amador Double Barrel Bourbon to me. So, before spending any money on it, I decided to hit youtube.

All of the folks with the supposed highly developed pallets weren't all that impressed. One channel said they couldn't smell or taste anything in the way of wine at all. The guy who owns the store I frequent told me to quit watching that stuff and to try it. So, at $40 -- why not?

As soon as I pulled the cork I smelled the wine. This stuff is very good -- so good in fact that I went down and bought two more bottles for the collection I'm building.

So yeah -- Amador Double Barrel. Highly recommended by yours truly.

17 minutes ago, Deang said:

I've learned that Bourbon reviews are like high end audio reviews -- wtf are these people tasting, lol.

I recently discovered that I like stuff that has spent some time in wine barrels, like Angel's Envy and Jeffereson's Pritchard Hill Cabernet. Based on that, someone recommended Amador Double Barrel Bourbon to me. So, before spending any money on it, I decided to hit youtube.

All of the folks with the supposed highly developed pallets weren't all that impressed. One channel said they couldn't smell or taste anything in the way of wine at all. The guy who owns the store I frequent told me to quit watching that stuff and to try it. So, at $40 -- why not?

As soon as I pulled the cork I smelled the wine. This stuff is very good -- so good in fact that I went down and bought two more bottles for the collection I'm building.

So yeah -- Amador Double Barrel. Highly recommended by yours truly.

That was me.  I really like it also.