I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

On 10/28/2019 at 7:57 AM, Deang said:

Finally found a bottle of 1910.

I have two of those.  It is good.   Will compare with 1920 soon.

The Jefferson Oceans.....just tried there wheated.  Love it.

Tonight.  Old Scout

20191029_204518.jpg

Hey Carl @CECAA850 give this a look.  I like the way the store owner handles her hard to get stock. Want a taste something -- open a bottle. She gets three bottles of Pappy 15 each year and opens one to give free samples. These guys, i believe are from Austin, TX and one of them is a level three bourbon sommelier.  This isn’t a video about which taste best -- it’s more how liquor store do things that piss off their customers (like hiding the good stuff for their favorite customers).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chattanooga Whiskey 1816 Reserve Solera Barrel Finish.  My wife favorite over Jim Beam.  She was on JB for 30 years.   I have bought a lot of that.

Of course....she is half with Sprite.

Jefferson Ocean 17.  Really love.  Better than 19 and better than Wheated.

20191104_193337.jpg

13 hours ago, jwc said:

Jefferson Ocean 17.  Really love.  Better than 19 and better than Wheated.

19 is Wheated (so is 15 if you ever see it). 

My pallet isn't developed enough to tell the difference between the 17 and the 18. I like them both the same.

To be honest, I'm perfectly content with the Jefferson's Very Old/Very Small Batch.

I'm looking for another bottle of Booker's 2019-03. That one has turned into a hoarding issue. 

Numbnuts at my abc store here (state manages liquor sales here) tell me there's a problem getting my Four Roses. Didn't care for the Jeffersons very well though it did the trick and was kinda interesting. They just got the small batch back in stock but none of the Good Single Barrel I like sippin'.

hmmm...

City-limits just about straddle the state line now so found it on the computer south of the border, I counted 16 of them on the shelf!

Ha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Way I sip those will last me until mid to late Jan.

Just the one Reo and .38 Special mixed into a bunch of cassettes..... loved them when they came out "Wild Eyed...." and the other tunes.

Late 70s I was all about Jack Black & Geo Dickel... a fifth lasted one night.

didn’t finish that drink ... realized i was really drinking bourbon against medical advice. earlier in the evening, i took one of my Ativan pills.  Not supposed to mix.

switched to a diet seven up and i’ll try to bourbon tomorrow while watching the Raiders whoop on the Chargers.