I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

Thanks anyhow @ZEUS121996 but don't need it that much to drive 1200 miles for it😀.

NC is n*z! controlled now too.. the liquor always has been, couldn't buy beer on Sundays until the mid 80s!

Frugal McDoogals is how I got the unobtanium this time. It's only 20 miles away and I'd bet they would have had some of the pricey stuff if I had looked around.

Speaking of control of booze...funny story.  Got to Patuxent River Flight Test Center in 1990, very, very Southern Maryland.  Went into "town" in my rental car, and came upon my first Drive thru liquor store, serving drinks from a drive thru window.....Vodka/tonic, 7 and 7, you name it.  I was like...."Wow, I guess this is the good ole boys town...."

• Haha 3

Beaufort S.C. and the whole "low country" area was the same way.  There were big ice filled coolers piled with tall boys at the check out registers when you went to the convenience stores and the bars had stacks of plastic cups and lids so you could get a traveller when you had drank enough at that bar and were headed out.    

On 10/31/2019 at 11:00 PM, Deang said:

The 1920 needs a dash or two of water. It's good, but a little aggressive.

Pretty good.  Still comparing to the 1910.  So far 1920 has more bite.  1910 more flavor.  It is dark....I think of leathery when I drink it.  Unique.   Not yet calling a fav

Jefferson Ocean.  V17 is way better than V19.  V19 is smooth but lacks flavor.....not worth the price tag.  Solera 1816 Chattanooga Wiskey a more enjoyable drink than V19.  Not near as good as V17.....but half the price.