I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

Just now, BigStewMan said:

i see you joined the forum in June 2017 ... i left SoCal June 2017.  We just missed each other. 

Yeah buddy.  I've been stalking the klipsch forum since I was about 19.  I'm 32 now. Ain't my first rodeo, trust me. Been involved with car and custom home audio since I was 16.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Like Canada, you're probably taxed to death there. With the government controlling all the alcohol being brought into the state. 😉

Wb

I don't give a S*** about that. If I did, I'd be a MORON to live in Southern CA.   I DEBATE every day, WHEN I should leave 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Like Canada, you're probably taxed to death there. With the government controlling all the alcohol being brought into the state. 😉

Wb

strangely, Oregon is about 2% higher in income tax than i was paying in California; but Oregon doesn’t have any sales tax whereas I was paying 7.75% in SoCal. 

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Eh, I only TRIED HARD to move to Oregon. My father is a realtor, what do i know? 

i left just because i wanted to get away and experience something different. I was also getting tired of working and Huntington Beach isn’t the cheapest place to live, so i knew that if i stayed living in SoCal, i would have to keep working. 

I paid a half million for a house in SoCal back in 2004 and that was just a run of the mill tract home. 

I do miss the place though ... especially the weather and the ocean. I was at the beach every weekend -- not sunbathing ... just hanging out, walking around, enjoying being outside. 

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

strangely, Oregon is about 2% higher in income tax than i was paying in California; but Oregon doesn’t have any sales tax whereas I was paying 7.75% in SoCal. 

Over 8 percent sales tax here in AZ. No Provincial sales tax in Alberta but the Fed’s whack us with a five percent VAT. At least the weather is better in the south and liquor cheaper. Except at the Airport Duty Free here since ownership changed hands.

No Antifa or Proud Boys nutz here that I’ve seen either.

Wb

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Over 8 percent sales tax here in AZ. No Provincial sales tax in Alberta but the Fed’s whack us with a five percent VAT. At least the weather is better in the south and liquor cheaper. Except at the Airport Duty Free here since ownership changed hands.

No Antifa or Proud Boys nutz here that I’ve seen either.

Excuses to the left and right. I NOW don't feel bad for not leaving VA.  Thank you