I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

16 minutes ago, jwc said:

In spirit of the current interests.....

20191123_215115.jpg

Getting ready to crack open my bottle of Taylor Single Barrel. Just did something foolish and ordered a pizza from pizza hut.  Not wise use of $40 -- i guess that’s a meal that’s unhealthy for the body and the wallet. I’ve never had Taylor Bourbon ...  hope i like it.   Looks like you have a comfortable atmosphere there JWC -- enjoy your evening.

I think that bottle of Weller Antique is going to sit there for a while ... i see this Taylor getting all the attention.  Granted I’m not a bourbon snob and haven’t tasted all that many; but this one is the best one yet. It doesn’t hurt that I play a Taylor guitar, so my Taylor T-shirt now has a double-meaning. 

• Like 3

I like the Jefferson Oceans

The Wellers Antique, 12 and up

...are the big show stoppers for the price.  All gone here in GA.  Only Specials.

My wife drank Jim Beam...then later Black.  Now easily her fav is Chattanooga Wiskey Solera Small Batch.  Im cleanin out the stores

..... cause there is no more...what is there is it.

A weird one is I like Town Branch...another local distillery 

15745670832526015100943851475807.jpg

• Like 2

i was getting some food at this bar & grill across the street a while back and sat down at the bar to get a beer while i waited. I saw a bottle of Stagg Jr and ordered that ,,, it was pretty good. Afterwards, i noticed a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle; but after the Stagg and the beer, i figured that i’s save the Old Rip for my next visit.  So far, haven’t been back there. 

i hope you score one.  i wanted to try that stuff for years. I need to stick with one retailer and form a relationship there. The place by my house had bottle of Weller 12 there; but wouldn’t sell me one because they said they were reserved for local restaurants. Maybe if i was a regular there, i’d get treated differently. 

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i hope you score one.  i wanted to try that stuff for years. I need to stick with one retailer and form a relationship there. The place by my house had bottle of Weller 12 there; but wouldn’t sell me one because they said they were reserved for local restaurants. Maybe if i was a regular there, i’d get treated differently. 

Yea.  Owner son.....said if Im a regular buyer.....and if they get the Pappy in......I might have to buy the whole barrel of something.

• Haha 1

i’m actually a Tequila guy; but am trying the bourbon.  i’ve always liked it, just never was a regular. 

picked up a bottle of Avion 44 Extra Anejo a few weeks ago ... a bit pricey at $150 and so far, i’m liking the next one down on the pecking order better ... the Avion Anejo which around here sells for $60.  The Avion 44 is definitely NOT twice as good. 

7 minutes ago, jwc said:

I might have to buy the whole barrel of something.

thinking along two line's.... single barrel must equal at least 55 gallon's... whereas a small batch is somewhere between 10 to 50 barrel's.... so Christmas is coming around the corner.... o O (buy the single barrel) and send everyone here in this thread a bottle for Christmas, along with a return envelope for a return flavor taste test, or the green paper variety of two Jefferson's...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, windashine said:

thinking along two line's.... single barrel must equal at least 55 gallon's... whereas a small batch is somewhere between 10 to 50 barrel's.... so Christmas is coming around the corner.... o O (buy the single barrel) and send everyone here in this thread a bottle for Christmas, along with a return envelope for a return flavor taste test, or the green paper variety of two Jefferson's...

Lol....well.... anything can happen