I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

26 minutes ago, capo72 said:

I scored an Elmer T. Lee and a Rock Hill Farms this past weekend at an event. I stopped by my local connection yesterday and she offered me an Old Fitz fall 2019 that just came out. It is a 15 yr. BIB wheated bourbon. Looking forward to trying it this weekend with some friends.

Nice on the Old Fitz.

ETL run $35 - $40?

The good news, picked up a bottle of Amador and another bottle of Bookers yesterday.  My first go round with Amador and 2019-04 on the Bookers so I'll be curious as to how it compares to the 03 which is great.  

The bad news, I drove 45 minutes to a specific store that listed on the Ohio site that they had Taylor small batch, but had sold the last bottle prior to me arriving.  

3 hours ago, Pete H said:

The bad news, I drove 45 minutes to a specific store that listed on the Ohio site that they had Taylor small batch, but had sold the last bottle prior to me arriving. 

happens to me all the time in Oregon ... site says a vendor has something, i go there and they claim not to have it. It’s worked once though ... got my bottle of Weller Antique that way.  

Got to have a little Taylor and some Blanton's last night, unfortunately it was at an overpriced restaurant in Canton and not out of bottles that I was able to locate and purchase.  $14 and $16 per 2oz pour but I really didn't care at that point, just happy to see a nice bourbon list to choose from........................................The search continues.

• Like 1

Unlike Carl @CECAA850 the bourbon vendors hate me.  i think the oregon liquor search people are a lying group of liars.  Showed three bottles of william larue weller and three bottles of george stagg at a liquor store about a half hour from me. i call the joint and they say they have neither. this website says that its updated daily. 

SO discouraging and of course, each time i check the website, i get excited thinking i may score. 

There is supposedly some Weller Antique down the road and i have bought it there before. I will go tomorrow and get another bottle because this Four Roses Small Barrel isn’t even worthy of pouring down the sink. Even when i bought it, the lady at the register said, “that is good stuff.”  well, no it’s not (according to my taste buds).