I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

I went out for drinks with a customer who was born and raised in Kentucky. This guy had bourbon in is blood. We had 4 different bourbons and the Angel's Envy rose to the top of the pile. Now this was not a double blind tasting and the order in which we drank them influenced our decision, but we all bought Angel's Envy for the home bar afterwards. As has been mentioned, there is no accounting for other's preferences in a bourbon's flavor profile, but I am a fan of Angel's Envy. Try it, you might like it @CECAA850

I toured the Angels Envy facility last year and enjoyed the samplings.

Definitely confirmed I am not a big rye fan.

I want to experience more of the 17% weated bourbons.

Also visited Rabbit Hole and Old Forrester in the same day on a nice walking tour.

Not that I am aware of, the Port barrel finish really rounds this off nicely. I am more of a Wheater bourbon fan than a high rye content fan, but this one is right in my wheelhouse. Don't get me wrong I also like Four Roses Single Barrel, which is a rye bourbon, so it's not like I discriminate. Try a glass before committing to a bottle, no need to add to your son in laws shelf!

Since I'm still drinking instead of dry participating in dry January and someone who is, was kind enough to do me a solid and send me some Weller 12 to sample @CECAA850.  I already told Carl that the Weller 12 is in my top 3 for certain along with the Bookers and Taylor small batch.  The Weller 12 for me, is incredibly smooth and suites my tastes very well.  Thanks again for the sample and I hope to pick some up in KY next week. 

Bourbon is mostly a weekend thing for me. Right now I have 6 bottles open at the house, Woodford, Larceny, Eagle Rare, Weller Antique, Weller Special Reserve & Four Roses Single Barrel. Decisions, Decisions. There are also Single Malts & Irish Whisky to consider.

• Like 1