I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

No wonder it's a bad idea.

A couple of lifetimes (& careers) ago, I used to go to England every January for almost 10 years. Based on my experience there, it isn't catching on.

Especially on "Burns Night" in late January. You most definitely need to drink to be able to eat Haggis. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

A couple of lifetimes (& careers) ago, I used to go to England every January for almost 10 years. Based on my experience there, it isn't catching on.

Especially on "Burns Night" in late January. You most definitely need to drink to be able to eat Haggis. 

I think it started in 2013.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I think it started in 2013.

Yeah, that's about 20 years after my last visit. I can see why someone suggested it, just can't see any of them actually doing it.

As I progress into the teetotaler phase of my life, so far this January, I have had one beer, one glass of wine and poured some Bailey's over vanilla ice cream once.

Guess I could have handled the dry January. 

19 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Whatever makes you feel better.  LOL, So, what do you have planned for Saturday?

No plans just yet.  Depends on what I need to do around the house as water line repairs will be going on this week.  Wife will be in Delaware.   Lucky her.

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No plans just yet.  Depends on what I need to do around the house as water line repairs will be going on this week.  Wife will be in Delaware.   Lucky her.

So just you, 40 bottles of bourbon, a happy liver and many great choices for listening to music.  I think you'll be just fine. 

4 roses more expensive of the group.  Least fav.  Weller special...pretty good.  Chattanooga Wiskey 1816 Solera.....best bang for buck.  I'm buying out the stores.  They are no longer in production.

8 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

So we can count on you to bring a bottle of Weller 12 AND EH Taylor? 

Whatta guy!

Mark

I can promise that there will be a bottle of each there.  I can't promise that I will be the one bringing those two, but they will be there.   What I bring will be dependent on what I'm able to pick up in the next couple of months or on the way down driving through Kentucky.  I would hope that I could score a Blantons and maybe one of the more obscure Taylors, but who knows.  I think we're going to start a list of known bourbons that are coming so everyone can chime in.

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

I can promise that there will be a bottle of each there.  I can't promise that I will be the one bringing those two, but they will be there.   What I bring will be dependent on what I'm able to pick up in the next couple of months or on the way down driving through Kentucky.  I would hope that I could score a Blantons and maybe one of the more obscure Taylors, but who knows.  I think we're going to start a list of known bourbons that are coming so everyone can chime in.

A store I was in last night had 6 bottles of Blantons.  I passed as I've got 2 at the house.  Probably gone now. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

39 hours but who's counting?

Just think how good that first sip will taste. Savor it.

I believe I shall join you on the 1st. I have a little JD sitting in a bottle in my pantry which hasn't been cracked in oh.......3 or 4 years at least.

10 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Just think how good that first sip will taste. Savor it.

I believe I shall join you on the 1st. I have a little JD sitting in a bottle in my pantry which hasn't been cracked in oh.......3 or 4 years at least.

Got plenty to choose from.  I'll probably start with a bottle that's already opened then eventually start with my least favorite and work my way up through my collection in the upcoming months.

• Like 1