I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

On 1/30/2020 at 7:41 AM, CECAA850 said:

Got plenty to choose from.  I'll probably start with a bottle that's already opened then eventually start with my least favorite and work my way up through my collection in the upcoming months.

Hoping that this past month, you've lost your taste for Bourbon. Instead of pouring that Weller 12 down the drain, send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:40 PM, jwc said:

4 roses single barrel.  3rd time trying.  Lots of burn without flavor.  Wont buy again.  I still wanna try the small batch.

You're a man that knows what time it is. I also was disappointed with 4 Roses ... I won't drink it without mixing it with something -- it's that bad, and something that I will never buy again. 

Weller 12 is great and so is Colonel E. H. Taylor (which I can find near me, can't find Weller around here). I did luck out on Christmas Eve, the liquor store was so crowded and this employee asks me if I need help. I named off the usual hard to find stuff (Weller, Stagg) and he says the best he has is a bottle of Blantons in the back,.  I bought it and it is good,. I'd buy it again. 

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

You're a man that knows what time it is. I also was disappointed with 4 Roses ... I won't drink it without mixing it with something -- it's that bad, and something that I will never buy again. 

Weller 12 is great and so is Colonel E. H. Taylor (which I can find near me, can't find Weller around here). I did luck out on Christmas Eve, the liquor store was so crowded and this employee asks me if I need help. I named off the usual hard to find stuff (Weller, Stagg) and he says the best he has is a bottle of Blantons in the back,.  I bought it and it is good,. I'd buy it again. 

Good score on the Blantons!  Not a bottle to be found in the state of Ohio

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Hoping that this past month, you've lost your taste for Bourbon. Instead of pouring that Weller 12 down the drain, send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly.

I'll take one for the team and suffer through it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

} I’ll mention something I sampled last night knowing full well it being sacrilege to the true bourbon aficionados here - Screwball peanut whisky. Damn stuff tastes, well, like peanuts. I’m sure it’s a novelty but it has a flavor and smoothness that you could down shot after after shot until it’s too late —

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pete H said:

How would you compare it to the Weller 12 and the Taylor?  

I agree as Carl said and put it in Third Place. I'd have to sample each right before writing to comment on taste as my memory seems to be hiding the details and leaving me only with the final rating. It was far smoother than many others that I've had. 

I don't know if it's just me, but my taste buds seems to change quite often. There are times that something seems smooth and the next time has a noticeable bite. I was that way with the Weller Antique -- some nights the bite seemed much stronger -- I'll buy it again if I see it again.

54 minutes ago, richieb said:

} I’ll mention something I sampled last night knowing full well it being sacrilege to the true bourbon aficionados here - Screwball peanut whisky. Damn stuff tastes, well, like peanuts. I’m sure it’s a novelty but it has a flavor and smoothness that you could down shot after after shot until it’s too late —

My daughter LOVES that stuff.  We have a bottle here at the house.  I'll have to try it.

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Good score on the Blantons!  Not a bottle to be found in the state of Ohio

A liquor store in Fort Worth has Blantons, Weller 12 and Weller Antique on the shelf, but with stupid high prices.  $200 for Blantons and Weller 12, $150 for the Antique.  No thank you.

That happens even in Kentucky.  I was in a store trying to charge $100 for a bottle of Taylor small batch and questioned them since I could purchase bottles at $42 per right at the distillery and was told, supply and demand, but it was more like, (most visitors to the area don't know what it should be selling for) 

2 hours ago, Seadog said:

A liquor store in Fort Worth has Blantons, Weller 12 and Weller Antique on the shelf, but with stupid high prices.  $200 for Blantons and Weller 12, $150 for the Antique.  No thank you.

} Supply and demand, take advantage when you can —

I have about 35 bourbons.  I pulled these 5 out recently.

All about 29 to 39 bucks.

Ranked best from left to right.  3 and 5 from Sevierville TN.  5 was their premiere......but it aint.  1 is Chattanooga wiskey.  House staple.

Id buy the Butchers in Sevierville again

Jc

20200204_203459.jpg