I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

Stopped into a new for me liquor store, that had a few things on sale, cash only, that were worth the detour. As always I checked the bourbon aisle and there to my surprise was a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. Now this store is in a less than well off area, so I was quite happy to see the Weller, too bad it was $49.99. I left it there, right next to the Weller 12 that was $199.99.

Short of someone in the area winning the lottery, they will be there for ages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RT FAN said:

Stopped into a new for me liquor store, that had a few things on sale, cash only, that were worth the detour. As always I checked the bourbon aisle and there to my surprise was a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. Now this store is in a less than well off area, so I was quite happy to see the Weller, too bad it was $49.99. I left it there, right next to the Weller 12 that was $199.99.

Short of someone in the area winning the lottery, they will be there for ages.

that's quite a markup.  I've only found Weller twice.  Special Reserve I paid $24.99 and Weller Antique I think was about $49 or so. 

So Mark1101 and I went bourbon browsing and found this place that had all kinds of stuff.    NOT out for display.  I did my usual and ask "what you have in the back".  I always get NO on everything I call out.  Not yesterday.  She had what you see below.

So it makes me ask.......Bucket list....if you went to somebodies house and they had all these on the shelf and they let you try 3 of them....which 3 would you pick?  jc

George t stag 15-
Weller 12 year-
Weller full proof blue bottle-
Elijah Craig 18 -
Weller CYPB-
Eagle rare 17 year-
Kentucky owl 11-
E h Taylor single barrel-
Bookers 30 years -
Whistle pig boss hog-
Mitchers 10 years -
William laurue Weller-
Blantons-
Kentucky owl 11-
Orphan barrel rhetoric 22-
Orphan barrel rhetoric 25-
Makoto 23 -
1792 12yr-

Pappy van winkle 
10 -
12- 
15-
20-
23-

So.  This lady gave me a cash price for all of it.  Hmm.  If you came over...what 3 would it be?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jwc said:

So Mark1101 and I went bourbon browsing and found this place that had all kinds of stuff.    NOT out for display.  I did my usual and ask "what you have in the back".  I always get NO on everything I call out.  Not yesterday.  She had what you see below.

So it makes me ask.......Bucket list....if you went to somebodies house and they had all these on the shelf and they let you try 3 of them....which 3 would you pick?  jc

George t stag 15-
Weller 12 year-
Weller full proof blue bottle-
Elijah Craig 18 -
Weller CYPB-
Eagle rare 17 year-
Kentucky owl 11-
E h Taylor single barrel-
Bookers 30 years -
Whistle pig boss hog-
Mitchers 10 years -
William laurue Weller-
Blantons-
Kentucky owl 11-
Orphan barrel rhetoric 22-
Orphan barrel rhetoric 25-
Makoto 23 -
1792 12yr-

Pappy van winkle 
10 -
12- 
15-
20-
23-

So.  This lady gave me a cash price for all of it.  Hmm.  If you came over...what 3 would it be?

my gosh man ... was she for real?  A cornucopia of unicorn bourbons there.  Pappy 10 or 12, William LaRue Weller, and George Stagg would be my three picks. Maybe we should all pitch in and buy the whole lot?

29 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

my gosh man ... was she for real?  A cornucopia of unicorn bourbons there.  Pappy 10 or 12, William LaRue Weller, and George Stagg would be my three picks. Maybe we should all pitch in and buy the whole lot?

Yes....she was for real

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwc said:

lol.  No I meant if I owned them all and you got to choose 3 drinks.

So I'm throwing the mulo out of the equation.....kinda

I have never had any of those.  But I would go with 3 of the Pappy's to see if the giant price increase is worth it. 12, 20, 23

• Like 1