I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

14 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

how you liking the Michter's?  never tried it, but it has caught my eye a time or two.  Is that Rye?

oh yeah, Cheers to your avatar ... love it.

The Michters bourbon is weird.  I normally have a decent idea how something is going to taste by smelling it in the glass.  I really don't care for the nose on the Michter's so I decided that I wasn't going to like the taste.  It ended up being really nice.  I don't know how to reconcile the fact that I dislike the smell but enjoy the taste.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The Michters bourbon is weird.  I normally have a decent idea how something is going to taste by smelling it in the glass.  I really don't care for the nose on the Michter's so I decided that I wasn't going to like the taste.  It ended up being really nice.  I don't know how to reconcile the fact that I dislike the smell but enjoy the taste.

I see that on the shelves around here, so I may give it a whirl.  Thankfully, I can find Colonel Taylor fairly regularly. Even the Weller Special Reserve is a rarity in these parts. 

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

I see that on the shelves around here, so I may give it a whirl.  Thankfully, I can find Colonel Taylor fairly regularly. Even the Weller Special Reserve is a rarity in these parts. 

I can find anything BUT Col Taylor around here.  I have some here at the house but am always on the look out for more.  Weller special reserve is everywhere.  Most places have at least a dozen on the shelf.

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

how you liking the Michter's?  never tried it, but it has caught my eye a time or two.  Is that Rye?

oh yeah, Cheers to your avatar ... love it.

The Michter’s bourbon is delicious, I would highly recommend it. The rye which which is what I am drinking now is also very good, unusual for a rye though.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't gotten more traction in light of our current events.  In any case, I have another budget bourbon recommendation.  Wild Turkey 101.  I hadn't had this since I've gotten into bourbon.  In the past, I've had it in mixed drinks but that was about it.  It really surprised me, especially considering it's price point.  Is it the best thing out there?  Of course not but it's at the very top of the list in a cost/taste ratio. IMO.  YMMV.

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

This past weekend I cracked open a Stagg Jr.  Man, that's a nice pour.  That's another bottle that I wish was a little easier to find.

i officially hate you now.  i remember the days when i had bourbon in the house. All that i have left is two empty Col Taylors, an empty Weller, and a nearly empty Avion 44.  Why do i keep putting the empties back on the shelf?

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i officially hate you now.  i remember the days when i had bourbon in the house. All that i have left is two empty Col Taylors, an empty Weller, and a nearly empty Avion 44.  Why do i keep putting the empties back on the shelf?

Put some tea in the bottles and tell yourself it's the real deal.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

just a thought ... maybe with so many self-isolating, there will be a very big supply of bourbon available when the country opens back up. 

None of the stores are getting anything now.  They say that it's at the warehouses but there's no one to load the trucks.