I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

talking to another shopper at the liquor store and he said that Bernheim Original was really good. i’ve never tried it. 

I think he bought a Jefferson’s’ but he was saying that he puts it in real cranberry juice (2 parts juice to 1 part bourbon).  i guess it tastes like a wine on steroids. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

well that answers my question ... i paid $69 so i got ripped off.  that’s double what you’re paying. the bottle and container look the same. 

You didn't get ripped off.  Small batch and single barrel are about 30 dollars apart in price.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You didn't get ripped off.  Small batch and single barrel are about 30 dollars apart in price.

yeah, i just realized that i bought single barrel. Still upset that that store wouldn’t sell me the Weller 12. The bar directly across the street from me had Old Rip Van Winkle. Next time i’m in there, i think i’ll ask if they’ll order me a bottle and see what they say.  if they will, i wonder what kind of price markup they’d set?  I don’t go in there enough to be remembered; but the gal bartender seemed very nice when i was there. 

Weller 12 is complete MIA in Georgia.  Found a dive liquor store today....had a hard to find Chattanooga wiskey ive been collecting.  I visited the distillery last week on a drive through and this one isnt available.  I have about 7 or 8 of these.  This single barrell and the Solera small batch are my favs.  They have a beer barrel finish imperial stout that is good too.

20191123_192416.jpg

• Like 1

Well, apparently Bookers is not exactly difficult to find, nor apparently popular around here, as I've seen at least 5 bottles in the last 2 weeks.  Recent bottling.  $79.99 to $83.99

Bought a couple.  Still in the box.  Not sure when I'm going to get around to it....

15 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Well, apparently Bookers is not exactly difficult to find, nor apparently popular around here, as I've seen at least 5 bottles in the last 2 weeks.  Recent bottling.  $79.99 to $83.99

Bought a couple.  Still in the box.  Not sure when I'm going to get around to it....

i saw it at both stores i went to you yesterday and today ... same price range that you mentioned.