Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Deang

I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jwc said:

Lol....well.... anything can happen

 

lol ... o O (as an edit), I meant the Jackson greenery.... but if two classic two dollar bill's work, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 10:27 PM, BigStewMan said:

i wonder if anyone here has ever tasted Pappy’s?  Personally, i know a lot of folks that want to; but nobody that ever has. That bar & grill across the street from me charges $35 for a shot of Old Rip Van Winkle. 

I have 10 and 12 year on my shelf. I've have tasted 15yr, 20yr, and Van Winkle  Reserve Rye. The only one I haven't tasted is 23 yr. I have a buddy that has a bottle of 23 but has not opened it, and I don't blame him. Anyway, the stuff is good, but not life changing. There are many better value whiskeys out there. Everyone just freaks out because it's so hard to get. Don't get me wrong, i'll buy every bottle I can that is not insanely marked up. I'm hoping to move up the Pappy food chain this Holiday season. I have a couple events coming up where they will be raffling the chance to buy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 2:43 PM, CECAA850 said:

No it was just for Pete.  Lol.

Love you too buddy!  

I've had the Taylor single and small batch and personally, I don't thing the single is really that much different to justify the additional $30.00, but they are both good, if you can find them.

 

@jwc did you crack the McKenna yet or is that party coming up.  Would really like a side by side comparison, but then again, can't find the darn McKenna again either.  Walked in to the local liquor store today and it took me all of 10 seconds to scan and start walking out and the clerk asked if they could help me...........I said yes, you could actually stock some decent bourbon once in a while and continued on my way. Guess it's going to be Bookers for a while.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete H said:

I've had the Taylor single and small batch and personally, I don't thing the single is really that much different to justify the additional $30.00, but they are both good, if you can find them.

don’t know if this is true; but i heard that with single barrels there may be variations in the taste ... i.e. the next barrel may taste slightly different. The person that said this said that the first time he tasted Taylor Single, he hated it.  Tried it again some time later and loved it.  Seems to be that there wouldn’t be THAT huge of difference between barrels to go from hate it to love it. but, if there is variation, i got a good barrel because i love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McKenna cracked weekend after next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

don’t know if this is true; but i heard that with single barrels there may be variations in the taste ... i.e. the next barrel may taste slightly different. The person that said this said that the first time he tasted Taylor Single, he hated it.  Tried it again some time later and loved it.  Seems to be that there wouldn’t be THAT huge of difference between barrels to go from hate it to love it. but, if there is variation, i got a good barrel because i love it. 

If you can get the cheap version :o and try it side by side with the single barrel, that would be a worthy comparison. Back to the store.  LOL  I think we should have a gathering for audio and Bourbon in KY at some point in the future.  My first experience on the bourbon trail was wonderful and I certainly learned a lot about the process.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a lot of purchases from this distillery.  Still a fav.  I have a few of the beer barrell flavors.

20191129_234737.jpg

20191129_234745.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 7:20 PM, jwc said:

McKenna cracked weekend after next

I'm picking one up Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havent drank burbon for some time. i used to buy Beam's no. 8. It was $2.05  a Pint at the class iv. That made a very cheap headache the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoying something I haven't had before.  Blantons barrel strength 129 proof. I did a bottle swap with another bourbonite and he brought me a sample.  Wish I had a bottle of this stuff.

2019-12-01 15.41.45.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 2:40 PM, Deang said:

I do not understand the ice.

I used to drink scotch and bourbon neat for years.  Not anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a store here that is local and claim to sell more than 850 different brands of whisky. I'll be checking it out for a friend later this week.

 

Wb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My haul from a whiskey fest over the weekend. I got to the store at 2:45 am and was 2nd inline for the 9 am event. Top 3 inline guaranteed I would get whatever I wanted based on bottle counts. They later had a lottery for the Pappys and BTAC along with other rare stuff. I got skunked in the lottery , but it was still a good day overall.

20191130_164325 B.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice score on the Elmer T Lee.  That's the only one that I see that I have a hard time finding (haven't found yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, capo72 said:

My haul from a whiskey fest over the weekend. I got to the store at 2:45 am and was 2nd inline for the 9 am event. Top 3 inline guaranteed I would get whatever I wanted based on bottle counts. They later had a lottery for the Pappys and BTAC along with other rare stuff. I got skunked in the lottery , but it was still a good day ove

 Excellent score. Hard to get that stuff around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jwc said:

 Excellent score. Hard to get that stuff around here.

I hear you.  I have a trip coming up to Louisville and will be stocking up while I'm there.  I go to stores and can't find one product from Buffalo Trace out of the numerous offerings they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I go to stores and can't find one product from Buffalo Trace out of the numerous offerings they have.

Yep, same here.  The retailers here don't put the good stuff out on the shelves.  They hoard it for their "best customers".......If you ask for something, they just look and laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Nice score on the Elmer T Lee.  That's the only one that I see that I have a hard time finding (haven't found yet).

If I could have only had 1 bottle, it would have been the ETL. That stuff is fantastic. I had a bottle previously. I brought it to my friends cabin and it was so good we drank it all that weekend. I have been on the hunt for a replacement ever since . This bottle will be savored!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...