Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deang

I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Recommended Posts

Larceny is a wheated bourbon that is priced competitively with Makers Mark but I like it much better.

 

LARCENY01.thumb.jpg.6da90f9173af17a4cb3fc42d6f175ab5.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Davis said:

I am really not experienced enough to answer that question.

How about this.  Did you like it and what's your go to bourbon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this thread was so we could ask @Deang anything, like  How do electrons know which way to flow in uni-directional speaker cables ... they're inside and can't see the little arrow on the cable?  But this seems to be more about something called Bour Bonne ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MC39693 said:

I thought this thread was so we could ask @Deang anything, like  How do electrons know which way to flow in uni-directional speaker cables ... they're inside and can't see the little arrow on the cable?  But this seems to be more about something called Bour Bonne ?

LOL, this is all about it, with the exception of those that are drying out in January and they can't play right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 7:44 AM, polizzio said:

It's just a mental thing. Mind over matter.

Yea---If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

How about this.  Did you like it and what's your go to bourbon?

My old go to was Jim Beam White label with a sour mix.

In the rare occasions I was drinking it neat I would opt for Knob Creek.

 

I have recently decided to only now drink neat or with a big ole cube and move to a higher quality bourbon.

 

Yes I do enjoy the Rabbit Hole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davis said:

and move to a higher quality bourbon.

Cost does not reflect higher quality IMO, it's just like audio, the least amount that you can spend to satisfy your taste is enough.

On my second bottle of Amador, and at 40 per bottle, I like it just fine, although with the same $40, I would still get Taylor Small Batch, which IMHO, is the best $40 of bourbon that I've ever had. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pete H said:

On my second bottle of Amador, and at 40 per bottle, I like it just fine, although with the same $40, I would still get Taylor Small Batch, which IMHO, is the best $40 of bourbon that I've ever had. 

Some times the best bourbon is the one that's actually on the shelf.

 

So you like Taylor better than Weller 12?  They're about the same price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

@Davis 

You coming to the SWAG?

Yes, just Booked my room this afternoon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Davis said:

Yes, just Booked my room this afternoon.

Yes!  I'll put you on the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Some times the best bourbon is the one that's actually on the shelf.

 

So you like Taylor better than Weller 12?  They're about the same price.

I wouldn't say that at all, but until I can have a bottle of each in front of me (April) I couldn't make that call.  Loved the Weller 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just throwing this out there.

I've been through at least 2 bottles of the Old Forester 1910 and 1920.

Prefer the 1920 but like them both.

Anyone here like any of the other Old Forrester products better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jwc said:

Just throwing this out there.

I've been through at least 2 bottles of the Old Forester 1910 and 1920.

Prefer the 1920 but like them both.

Anyone here like any of the other Old Forrester products better?

Not really.  1910 is my favorite of the Whiskey Row series.  Not a huge fan of their other offerings.

 

On a side note.  I missed a bottle of Elijah Craig 18 year yesterday by one day.   The store sat on 2 bottles for about a week.  I was P O'd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Not really.  1910 is my favorite of the Whiskey Row series.  Not a huge fan of their other offerings.

 

On a side note.  I missed a bottle of Elijah Craig 18 year yesterday by one day.   The store sat on 2 bottles for about a week.  I was P O'd.

 

So Carl, come Feb 1st the self imposed drought is over for you?

Was this to prove a point to someone?

Or abstinence makes the heart grow fond?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, polizzio said:

 

So Carl, come Feb 1st the self imposed drought is over for you?

Was this to prove a point to someone?

Or abstinence makes the heart grow fond?

 

Feb 1 its done yes.  Dry January started in England I believe.  It's not just me doing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I am enjoying the piquant aroma and subtle flavanoids of a mixture of Pikes Peak and S&D Hazelnut fresh ground beans. The aroma fills the house as it brews.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Feb 1 its done yes.  Dry January started in England I believe.  It's not just me doing it.

No wonder it's a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...