I'm drinking bourbon- AMA

Deang

7 hours ago, capo72 said:

The C919 release is fantastic. It's hot, but not as bad as the proof suggests IMO. It's one of the best releases this year, along with the 1792 Full Proof.

Only happy hour but with all the sleet and snow I won't go out on the roads any more today. Know my limits but the young dumb dumbs do not! They don't make my Accord anymore.

Yes undiluted I could only handle a sip, a smallish cube in the shot is good. The flavor character is totally different, not like George, Jack Or Jim or 101 Turkey. Darker, smokier than the 4roses single barrel or Jeffersons I tried.... and the bang for the buck I look for is better too. But will it last two months?... doubt it!

IMG-20200220-163846.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Try just a wee splash of spring water.

Our water that we cook with has gone through three undersink filters, that rig feeds the fridge that has another internally:)

So water for coffee and tea and ice cubes are very clean here!!

I'm a big fan of this Elijah Craig after one shot!

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again (since I'm sipping on some right now) Colonel E. H. Taylor Single Barrel is some mighty fine stuff.

Small batch is great too and about half the price.  The trouble is finding it.  I got lucky yesterday and picked one up along with a Stagg Jr.

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

just poured the last of the Colonel Taylor Single Barrel.  How come the last glass tastes the best?  

Because it's had a chance to off gas in the bottle?  Because the last glass came after the second and third to last glass and you already have a buzz?  The goodness settles to the bottom?

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Picked a bottle of Colonel Taylor Small Batch (last time was single barrel). $44

Lady said she sold her last Blanton's yesterday and no Weller.

Looks like the Colonel will be about the best that I'll get in these parts ... good thing that I do like it.

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

No that's gone.  One small Apocalypse Pow is left, out of two.  Planning on sending to my son, but can part with one.  The secret ingredient is HEAT.

save it for your son.  When is the selling season?

I have about a half bottle of Ghost to the Post left, then I'll have to go back to Tabasco until you're in business again.

Just now, BigStewMan said:

save it for your son.  When is the selling season?

I have about a half bottle of Ghost to the Post left, then I'll have to go back to Tabasco until you're in business again.

I'm working on a bottle of Mordor Mud now.  I could drink that stuff.

You act like you're settling for colonel Taylor yet it's one of my favorites.  I'd take it over Blantons any day.  It flies off the shelves around here.

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm working on a bottle of Mordor Mud now.  I could drink that stuff.

You act like you're settling for colonel Taylor yet it's one of my favorites.  I'd take it over Blantons any day.  It flies off the shelves around here.

I didn't mean it to sound that way ... I think the Colonel IS my favorite. Just that I want to try other stuff and my options are very limited here in this liquor controlled state.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I can spare one Apocalypse Now.  It is one of a kind I have none of those peppers left for a new batch.  I have plenty of ghost and other varieties to ramp up if demand calls for it.  If you want ghost to the post I can do that.

yeah, but can I get one of those large bottles of Ghost?  I'll try the small apocalypse since you have one to spare. 

Let me know the damage and I'll get the money to you as before ... in small, unmarked bills, right?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh No ... this is devastating news ... I just poured my last glass of Colonel E. H. Taylor ... and it's tasting SO good.

Guess if I want more, I have to go venture out into Corona Virus Ville.  I haven't been out of the house in days and haven't driven my car in 10 days.