What Speakers For a Barn Home.

Shiva

• Moderators

I would guess the hard floors would not help much but that ceiling is probably a really good thing for sound. Very cool looking home, it would take some good size speakers to fill that nicely without sounding like they are trying hard. I like Ceptorsman's idea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Too much like a church.

Yes; love it :D  The wife and I actually looked for years to find a church we could convert into a home.  But ... not much around in Florida and did not want to move to the MidWest :( 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Would be cool in the country to own by itself but the HVAC bills?  Talk about a home theater or a fantastic 2-channel system?  NYE parties would be killer.  Bodies everywhere in the morning.  hahaha

Well,  as far as heating that space goes, it does have radiant heated floors.  It would also be fun to say at times, " by the way, I live in a barn." 😀

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Emile said:

Yes; love it :D  The wife and I actually looked for years to find a church we could convert into a home.  But ... not much around in Florida and did not want to move to the MidWest :( 

i know of a person in Canada that bought an old chapel and renovated it into her home. I love the place in the video. I’d live there --if it wasn’t in Ohio.  Now, if it was on a West Coast beach ... i’m interested.

• Like 3

My first home was a tri level that was a much smaller version of that but with a loft. I had my speakers in the loft facing the open lower section. It sounded pretty good but larger speakers would have helped. Don't hate me but I had bose 301s☹️.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

well as a bachelor, i don’t use the kitchen other than as a room to store my beer. 

Good user name ... four is my favorite number. 

Thank you, I am the fourth so i am legally attached to it. The kitchen in my house stores several types of beer, bourbon, wine and many delicious foods that are prepared on a daily basis. My family gravitates around this space in our home. The home in the video really is very cool, however, the kitchen should have been the pearl of that great space.

my wife and I do grill regularly too, so a good outdoor space is important too. There are many days the grill and the kitchen are operating in tandem. 

Music in these spaces is an important element. I need to work on my outdoor system!

• Like 1