The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shiva

What Speakers For a Barn Home.

Cool looking home conversion in this barn.  Makes me wonder if it would be good for sound or not. I would love to find out though.

• Like 1

Too much like a church.

JJK

• Sad 2

I would guess the hard floors would not help much but that ceiling is probably a really good thing for sound. Very cool looking home, it would take some good size speakers to fill that nicely without sounding like they are trying hard. I like Ceptorsman's idea.

• Like 1

Plenty of room for bass waves to form in that place, i wold assume.  one could probably have live music in that space as well.  That would be interesting too.  

• Like 1

Would be cool in the country to own by itself but the HVAC bills?  Talk about a home theater or a fantastic 2-channel system?  NYE parties would be killer.  Bodies everywhere in the morning.  hahaha

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Too much like a church.

Yes; love it :D  The wife and I actually looked for years to find a church we could convert into a home.  But ... not much around in Florida and did not want to move to the MidWest :( 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Would be cool in the country to own by itself but the HVAC bills?  Talk about a home theater or a fantastic 2-channel system?  NYE parties would be killer.  Bodies everywhere in the morning.  hahaha

Well,  as far as heating that space goes, it does have radiant heated floors.  It would also be fun to say at times, " by the way, I live in a barn." 😀

• Haha 2

Looks like that would be an echo chamber. But paneled up or push that rear wall out and...

Had friends in Wisconsin who moved into an old stone barn/building that had been part of a dairy farm. Beautiful home

5 hours ago, Emile said:

Yes; love it :D  The wife and I actually looked for years to find a church we could convert into a home.  But ... not much around in Florida and did not want to move to the MidWest :( 

i know of a person in Canada that bought an old chapel and renovated it into her home. I love the place in the video. I’d live there --if it wasn’t in Ohio.  Now, if it was on a West Coast beach ... i’m interested.

• Like 3

Anytime you were in someone else's house and you went outside you could leave the door open..........................

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Anytime you were in someone else's house and you went outside you could leave the door open..........................

If one was raised in a barn...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would say that vertical baffles or banners might need to be done to cut down on decay times and reflections. There are plenty of ways to do that.

• Like 1

If this home were too much of an echo chamber, I doubt you would want to play basketball inside.  😀  "Hey Mom,  going to shoot some hoop,"  "okay Dear, mind the lamp."  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My first home was a tri level that was a much smaller version of that but with a loft. I had my speakers in the loft facing the open lower section. It sounded pretty good but larger speakers would have helped. Don't hate me but I had bose 301s☹️.

• Like 1

Super cool conversion, tons of great spaces and room. Plenty of space for a dedicated listening room somewhere in there.

But the kitchen? 

• Like 1

well as a bachelor, i don’t use the kitchen other than as a room to store my beer. 

Good user name ... four is my favorite number. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

well as a bachelor, i don’t use the kitchen other than as a room to store my beer. 

Good user name ... four is my favorite number. 

Thank you, I am the fourth so i am legally attached to it. The kitchen in my house stores several types of beer, bourbon, wine and many delicious foods that are prepared on a daily basis. My family gravitates around this space in our home. The home in the video really is very cool, however, the kitchen should have been the pearl of that great space.

my wife and I do grill regularly too, so a good outdoor space is important too. There are many days the grill and the kitchen are operating in tandem. 

Music in these spaces is an important element. I need to work on my outdoor system!

• Like 1

I love how they worked with the architect to get what they wanted, and how good he was to help them realize their dream