FS / Trade: Heresy Decorators, kg1 (Both pair gone)

flatgrass

I have a couple set of speakers that have been sitting on the shelf for a good six years now.  I just need to pass them along so I can address some other things I would like to do.

The heresy are 1976.  When I go them they were unfinished and within the first few months I used then I had a voice coil go out on a woofer.  I replaced both woofers with new K24-E from Klipsch.  They have K55-V solder connect mids and K77-M square magnet tweets.  Around the time I put the new woofers in I replaced the caps with AudioCap Thetas.  This was all around 2012.  I also had them re-veenered with ribbon cut mahogany.  I also have magnetic grills for them, and two pie badges that could probably use a touch up on the adhesive.

The kg1s are bone stock.  They are walnut, which was one reason I got them.  Back in the day I though they were going to be my rears for a "heritage" 5.1 but things changed over the years and I ended up going reference series.

Both are in what I considered very, very good cosmetic shape.  I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find some imperfection, but that is looking very hard.

These are located in Washington, DC.  Capitol Hill area.  Be glad to hook them up if you stop by.  I would like to sell both sets together.  I am ready to eat sunk costs.  $500 takes both pair.  I have the original box for the kgs, and very well made boxes for the heresy(s).

OR, would trade them for a cherry RC-7.  I have more pictures but didn't downsize them all.  Send an PM and we can go to email if you want more.  Thanks.

heresy lft side.jpg

heresyfrnt3.jpg

• Like 5

For those asking about shipping, not sure the cost would be worth it. 

A quick estimate on FedEx.  26" x 20" x 18" at 50#  from 20002 to 90713 is $110.  To 32407 is $70

There would be two of these and the kg box would be slightly smaller.

In my opinion, kinda defeats the purpose.

25 minutes ago, flatgrass said:

For those asking about shipping, not sure the cost would be worth it. 

A quick estimate on FedEx.  26" x 20" x 18" at 50#  from 20002 to 90713 is $110.  There would be two of these and the kg box would be slightly smaller.

In my opinion, kinda defeats the purpose.

Understood. I appreciate you calling and getting back to me. I agree on what you said here. Beautiful speakers!   I would have bought them in second if local.... 

On 8/25/2019 at 1:39 PM, flatgrass said:

These are located in Washington, DC.  Capitol Hill area.

Meet me halfway?

10 hours ago, dkalsi said:

but fighting hard to not make any more audio purchases.

Quitter 😝

On 8/25/2019 at 5:08 PM, opusk2k9 said:

I'm lucky you aren't closer...

^^ This ^^

That would put me up to 4 pair of Heresy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Angus --

Just don't think I could fit them in.  My listening area is a basement room roughly 12' x 14'.  The kicker is the ceiling is 7'.  Since 2014 I have been "downsizing" to provide a better balance between equipment size and ability to move around the room.  Got rid of Belles and moved to RB-75s which fill the room pretty well.  Built a console because I had had a hodgepodge of racks and stands.  My latest wild hair is to try and see if I can get a pair of RC-7 and have Dean adjust to the networks to use as front mains.  Just to see the difference between them and the 75s.  I have one RC-7 now as my center.

• 2 months later...

I suspect a 2.5 month bump is not being too obnoxious.  Anyway, still looking to move some things.  If speakers alone are not catching anyone's interest for purchase or trade, maybe a close to turnkey system.  Just add digital files/streaming source.

How about the set of heresey, a 5 wpc tube amp, and a DAC?  $600 pick up.

Have a Glow Audio One and their associated DAC.  I got this back when I still had sensitive speakers, and it is real nice.  Very low hours.  Quiet, firm bass, and smooth highs.  I really enjoyed the solid sweet spot it can generate.  It is a single ended pentode running EL-84s.  I have some general Sovtek in right now.  It is ver. 1.3 so it has two inputs.

Glad to audition.  Boxes for everything.  Have an itch to try some different items, plus could stand to send one amp out for preventive maintenance.

glow one angle console.JPG

glow dac 1.JPG

glow rear panel 1.JPG

• flatgrass changed the title to FS / Trade: Heresy Decorators, kg1 (Heresy pair gone)