50’s Karlson - mahogany

ben.

Hey, old friends. 

I have a pair of Karlsons I’m looking to sell. They are 1950’s, made of Philippine mahogany. They are currently loaded with 12” Celesta coaxial speakers. Tweed cloth grills are in great shape, the cabs are fair to good. They have some scuffs and nicks but would restore well if you want to put the time into it. 

I bought these years ago from the original owner owner who built them while he was in the Navy and stationed in the Philippines. I’ve used them for the past 6 months as my main system and the bass is really nice. The highs from these coax are a bit hard, since they have a paper diaphragm. And I’ve replaced them with Yorkville Unity horns which are quite exceptional in that regard. 

My place is very small these days and I need them out of here. 

Looking for $300 or trade. Located in 14012, near Buffalo and Rochester, NY. Willing to drive a bit to help move them out. 

737F4320-FE18-4D96-A1A1-6996FDC0A95D.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m open to creative trades and solutions to find these a home. Shoot me a message - it doesn’t hurt to try!

I know the picture looks lame. I’ll get more up if there’s some interest and when I can rearrange my room a bit. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

$200 would get my attention right now. These are kool. Bass is similar in presentation to hornloaded bass sections. I can be persuaded to part with some Infinity dome tweeters to vastly improve the highs of the coaxes in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The boxes, like almost all Karlsons out there, are the larger K15.  But, as is also the norm they are loaded with coaxes based on 12” woofers. 

Cleveland is possible, and not hard if you meet me halfway-ish. 

On 11/6/2019 at 12:05 AM, ben. said:

The boxes, like almost all Karlsons out there, are the larger K15.  But, as is also the norm they are loaded with coaxes based on 12” woofers. 

Cleveland is possible, and not hard if you meet me halfway-ish. 

Yes, I have seen them both ways. The ones I seen with 12" were EV coax.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Those really deserve a new home where they’ll be appreciated.  I’ll post about them on a Karlson thread on diyAudio forum.

I’ve attached photos of “mini-Karlsonators” I built and posted in the diyAudio thread.  I hope someone learns about yours and rescues them.

CE4FF63C-6DD6-4453-9012-E0E60DF2BECD.jpeg

4A67BEDE-CD4A-4B75-89BB-3786CAEDD8F5.jpeg

• Like 1

Those really deserve a new home where they’ll be appreciated.  I’ll post about them on a Karlson thread on diyAudio forum.

I’ve attached photos of “mini-Karlsonators” I built and posted in the diyAudio thread.  I hope someone learns about yours and rescues them.

CE4FF63C-6DD6-4453-9012-E0E60DF2BECD.jpeg.ba3b6d22fae1712e42f691c91cbecea0.jpeg
4A67BEDE-CD4A-4B75-89BB-3786CAEDD8F5.jpeg.53ac4c62270107cb46b3647df5fc4f0b.jpeg

Thanks man! I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk