Klipschorns Visalia Ca

RobF

For posterity...  He's looking for bids on Craigslist.

Klipschorn speakers from 1979. These speakers maintain their original drivers and type AA crossover networks. They sound wonderful. Factory finished in raw birch. These have some wear to the veneer here and there, but mostly in nice condition.

Located in Visalia, CA, but delivery is available to serious buyers. Price is OBO. Thanks for looking!

00s0s_eK4rQkQjeF8_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_cu4hXQvymDw_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_eWIYx7Fpn2n_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_2veEKEhgAw2_1200x900.jpg

01313_gfyPHpovKYB_1200x900.jpg

Thanks for posting photos from the Craigslist listing.  Wonder how much lower than asking price of $3,850 seller is willing to go by OBO?

Noticed your A25s.  One on my favorite non-Klipsch speakers.  Have you done anything to refurbish yours, such as new capacitors?

39 minutes ago, avguytx said:

For posterity...  He's looking for bids on Craigslist.

8 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks for posting photos from the Craigslist listing.  Wonder how much lower than asking price of $3,850 seller is willing to go by OBO?

Noticed your A25s.  One on my favorite non-Klipsch speakers.  Have you done anything to refurbish yours, such as new capacitors?

Typically, I like to add the pics and wording as it only takes about 30 seconds more to do.  I mean, if you're gonna post a link to a CL ad that will be gone soon, might as well have some history.  lol.  I guess if someone wagged enough green Benji's in his face, that might help.  Money talks, BS walks, you know.  

I've got 2 pairs of A25's and, honestly, I haven't really played them in 5+ years.  Maybe longer.  I'd picked up both pairs at various times somewhere between 2001 and 2009 when I was an A/V manufacturer's rep and traveled OK, AR and DFW north territory.  Lots of thrift stores, Goodwills, etc., out there in some rural areas.  I remember getting one pair in a thrift store in OKC that had a pair of the A25's and A10's both.  Left with both of them for under $30, IIRC (sold  the A10's)  On both, I changed out the single caps and used Solen caps, which are known to be a little brighter, and  they both sound great for their size.  Stacked is REALLY impressive and blew away a pair of Altec Valencia's in comparison.  (sold the Altecs too)  Both needed new grill cloth and I put some basic linen style cloth on them some years back but could really stand to be something better.  I replaced the binding posts on both pairs with something better and really want to change out the resistors on the adjustment pots some day.  But, all these years later, I never have.  lol  I just can't bring myself to sell them although that time may be coming around as I'm trying to dwindle down more extra stuff I have that sits idle.

Ok, I really typed a bunch of extra stuff there....sorry.  ha

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Typically, I like to add the pics and wording as it only takes about 30 seconds more to do.  I mean, if you're gonna post a link to a CL ad that will be gone soon, might as well have some history.

I agree totally.

• 3 weeks later...

I’d like to ask as it’s been 13 years since I have owned Khorns what do most here think would be a fair price. I know things are worth what someone will pay but taking into consideration these are 15 miles from my house what do similar make/models go for? They definitely came down from their initial asking price.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, charlieboy said:

Just met with the seller. Nice speakers in really good shape. They will be home with me soon as long as things go as we discussed. 15 miles from my house. Thank you RobF who started this thread for the heads up.

No Problem! I enjoy it!

On 9/16/2019 at 9:32 AM, charlieboy said:

I’d like to ask as it’s been 13 years since I have owned Khorns what do most here think would be a fair price. I know things are worth what someone will pay but taking into consideration these are 15 miles from my house what do similar make/models go for? They definitely came down from their initial asking price.

wvu80 could help.  He tracks prices across the country.