CF-3s Cherry - Phoenix AZ $500 ** Now Mine ;) **

rszoke

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/d/mesa-vintage-klipsch-stereo-speakers/6965240415.html

no affiliation 

seller did have these out there a while back at $800 - very tempting and appears to be a V2 model from the S/N  (222594049) - I am contacting the seller, can't control myself and thinking to replace my front surround Forte IIs with these.....

• Like 3

the RSW-12 -would fill in the low end on these - where I think the RSW-12 goes well with just about anything doesn't it??!?  Certainly fills in the lows on my current front Forte IIs surrounds  - can definitely shake the house and you know when it's outputting.  Haven't heard anything from seller yet, if does go through - will definitely have to thin the heard by selling Forte 1s and Heresy IIs (both in my garage right now) ;)

• Like 1

Hi All - so an update here, where these bad boys are now in my possession!  The cabinets were in somewhat rougher shape with some lighter scratches, no deep gouges  (the Craigslist pic resolutions were not good) & there was some shrinking of the front side black edge material (kinda plasticky stripping) & grills dusty/dirty & no badges.  All the speakers look in excellent condition though - and has the short tubes, so thinking V2.  I will post some pictures over the weekend.

BTW - OMG - I knew these bad boys were heavy but holy smokes, 100# each - have to eat my Wheaties when moving these around!!!

Long story short - $350 for them and I felt this leaves me some room for updates.  Now have something to dink around with over the 3 day weekend ;).  I think some cherry stain and wood conditioner will go a long ways here & then I'll see about crossover build - my first objective is just to give the cabs/grills a thorough clean and fire them up for some initial rock & roll! 

I'll be sure to check out the numerous Epic refurbish topics/posts here - this should keep me occupied for a little while.  Now have to thin the heard - my Forte 1s and Heresy 2s will have to head out for a new home (leaves me with 9 Klipsch speakers).

Thanks to all on this wonderful forum!

Aloha,

Rick

• Like 4

Hi Mike - LOL, now that you bring that up - maybe there is something associated to monsoon that raises an impulse with me for new speakers!  We got hammered last night in Chandler, a classic monsoon with winds, lightning, thunder, rain - just like last year's purchase!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rszoke said:

Hi Mike - LOL, now that you bring that up - maybe there is something associated to monsoon that raises an impulse with me for new speakers!  We got hammered last night in Chandler, a classic monsoon with winds, lightning, thunder, rain - just like last year's purchase!! 

By the time I got out of work at midnight the storm was long gone and the flooding had subsided. Glad you got to enjoy it though, lol What will it be for next year’s monsoon? Khorns, Belles..there’s so much to choose from.

@rszoke ... congrats! They are awesome speakers ... let us know what you think of them after you hook them up.  

BTW, they do like some power. Had mine first hooked up to a Marantz 1060 at 30wpc ... switched to a Kenwood Basic M2 at 220wpc ... definitely an improvement :D