Which center speaker model for RP-160Ms?

gceaves

Dear Klipsch Community,

Our family living room currently has a 2.1 setup. There are two RP-160Ms, for right and left, and then an R-12SW as the subwoofer, all driven by a Denon receiver (AVR-S930H).

I'm in the market for a center speaker.

The RP-504C looks appropriately loud and massive, and yet still beautiful and delicate. However, I was wondering if the RP-160Ms should/ could be paired with a center speaker of their own generation or tier.

Like, is there a "family" or a "collection" of which the RP-160M is a part? What's the center speaker for that "family"?

What center speaker pairs well with the RP-160Ms? Or maybe it doesn't matter, because I eventually plan to move the RP-160Ms to the surround locations when I upgrade to tallboy floor-standing speakers next year.

What do you guys think?

I'll buy you all a beer. ^^

Thank you.

Edited by gceaves
Spacing.

Well... what center speaker you get kinda depends on what fronts you have. Since you plan to make your 160m surrounds, you'll need new fronts which should match your center. 

Had you sticked to a 2.1 with 160m as fronts, I would've recommended the 250c. In hopes of you sticking to the old RP line for you new fronts, any of the other two centers (440c and 450c) will do. Since this is a living room setup, you don't necessarily need the 450c, but if you have the space, I'd definitely go for the 450c.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:31 AM, inMotionGraphics said:

This might be a dumb question, but where does one find this 450C, because I only see a RP-504C, which is what I would have thought would be the best center to go with the RP series: https://www.klipsch.com/center-speaker ?

Thanks.

B

The 504 is the new model, the 450 is the previous model.  

They'll mostly be used but some dealers may still have one laying around.