Preamp Recommendations for my QuickSilver / Cornwalls

BamaMike

Greetings friends!

It's been a while since I frequented the forum. I do follow Cory's page on FB, though.

Quick update on me - I was involved in a very bad motorcycle accident back in April and have been on medical leave for over 17 weeks. Long road and has left me partially disabled. I have found solace in music, though. Have bought and sold a couple pieces and expanded my record collection.

SO - I recently acquired a pair of Quicksilver Mono Blocks. I'm pretty excited to get them wired up to my Cornwalls! This will be a new system in my office. I'm looking for preamp recommendations.

I need inputs for a turntable (obviously), a CD player and something like a Tape Monitor so that I can not only listen to reels but record them.

I've been reading about the Schitt units and have heard of the Juicy Blueberry but due to my handicap, research is not the easiest for me. My sons help me with a lot of activity and I mostly use my phone with one hand to access FB, the internet etc.

I value my Klipsch friends opinion very much so any input you can offer would be great.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

IMG_20190826_145225_051.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, wishing you a complete and speedy recovery.

One more preamp that you might consider unless you want tubes is the Parasound p6. Lots of inputs, built in DAC with USB and two opticals and MC/MM phono. Remote. Tape out. 

I have the matching amp and so can't speak to the quick silver (which look great by the way) match up soundwise. Impedance will be fine. 

I think the P6 sounds great. Just one more possibility. I wrote a mini review over in the SS section. 

Ned

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks all.

I ended up finding a good deal on a Rogue 99. I bought a Schitt Mani and I'm up and running!! I'm driving my La Scalas right now in my main room with plans to set up in the office with the Cornwalls later (office needs cleaning and reorganizing still).

So far, I am loving it!

output.jpg

• Like 1

Sadly, one of my mono blocks went down in "flames". I put new Golden Lions in and re-biased. They were red plating so I switched back to the tubes that came with it. About 30 minutes in the fuse blew. I replaced it and during warm up one of the KT88's flared up! POP! Fuse gone. I need to find a schematic to test the internals before I throw another set of power tubes in and fire it up. :(