Cornwall III vs La Scala II for rap/hip-hop music??

Falcar

This is my current home theater system in my great room:

* 2 Klipsch Cornwall III speakers (left and right channels)

* 1 Klipsch Heresy III speaker (center channel)

* 2 Paradigm Defiance X15 subwoofers

* 1 Anthem AVM 60 Preamplifier/Processor

* 1 Monoprice Monolith 5 (200 watts RMS x 5) - Made by ATI

* 1 LG C8 65" OLED 4K HDR Dolby Atmos Smart TV

In the future, I am thinking about eventually putting those two Cornwalls and two Paradigm subwoofers in my master bedroom (no TV though). Then I will need new left and right channel speakers for my great room. I was considering two La Scala II speakers with more powerful subwoofers (maybe higher-end Paradigm or Funk Audio subwoofers) because La Scalas are known for being bass-shy compared to Cornwalls. However, I am still concerned that La Scalas are simply not right for the music I mostly listen to (rap/hip-hop). Therefore, I would have to replace those two Cornwalls (that would move to the master bedroom) with two more Cornwalls (for the great room) because I do find the Cornwalls to be AWESOME!! Also, I am not into tube amps at all. I like solid state amps. 

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Edited by Falcar

While the La Scalas have tight, clean bass, they don't play as low as the Cornwalls. You would probably want a sub of some kind with the LS. You would love the LS for what they are though, fully horn loaded goodness.

You might want to have a look around the subwoofer section to get some ideas.

Welcome to the forums.

Bruce

• Like 2

Okay, no offense, but why am I getting recommendations for Kilpsch Pro Audio?? I just wanted to keep this to the Heritage series. My Cornwalls are PLENTY powerful. I just thought maybe LaScalas offer a slighty higher sound quality at the expense of being bass-shy (which could possibly be remedied with more powerful subwoofers).

I appreciate the responses so far, but is this how it works on this forum (i.e. you mention Heritage series and start getting directed towards pro audio)??

OK count me out, you know what you like.   Apologies for my moronic recommendation. Forget the fact that they use the same drivers as heritage series and better woofers and are CHEAPER (the 362 IIs that I currently own and love).   Good luck on your quest.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

OK count me out, you know what you like.   Apologies for my moronic recommendation. Forget the fact that they use the same drivers as heritage series and better woofers.   Good luck on your quest.  

If that's the case, why would anyone buy the Heritage series then? And why would the Cornwall, La Scala, etc even exist?

Is Klipsch Pro Audio like 5 times the price or something? Is that why?

2 minutes ago, Falcar said:

If that's the case, why would anyone buy the Heritage series then? And why would the Cornwall, La Scala, etc even exist?

Is Klipsch Pro Audio like 5 times the price or something? Is that why?

Apparently you didn't read my post. No matter, buy the LA scalas and be happy.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Apparently you didn't read my post. No matter, buy the LA scalas and be happy.  

Why so defensive?

BTW, I don't buy used things. It's just a belief of mine.

So my question stands: Why would Heritage series even exist then? Is Klipsch Pro Audio like 5 times the cost?

The Heritage series is visually appealing due to the fantastic book matched veneer.   Pro series can be multiple steps up in sound quality and output IMO after owning both , however they have "ugly" (some would say) black Textured finish or raw birch only finishes.   

2 minutes ago, Falcar said:

Why so defensive?

BTW, I don't buy used things. It's just a belief of mine.

So my question stands: Why would Heritage series even exist then? Is Klipsch Pro Audio like 5 times the cost?

I wouldn't say I'm defensive. You asked why pro being recommended when you clearly asked for something else. I said, you know what you want and disregard my post. I would still own heritage if members here hadn't steered me in the right direction toward pro.   Roy Delgado states that he designs pro and heritage equally in terms of sonics and sound quality (large debate on that in another thread) 

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I wouldn't say I'm defensive. You asked why pro being recommended when you clearly asked for something else. I said, you know what you want and disregard my post. I would still own heritage if members here hadn't steered me in the right direction toward pro.   Roy Delgado states that he designs pro and heritage equally in terms of sonics and sound quality (large debate on that in another thread) 

Can you please post the link here to that thread?

Thank you.

I wouldn't even know where to start looking. We are just trying to help you save time and money. Wish I would have known about klipsch Pro before spending a lot of time and money on heritage (very good gear I could happily live with forever, but pro suites my needs better).  I'm sure others will chime in and offer advice, but keep an open mind.   If the black Textured finish or look of the pro series is a deal breaker to you, just state so and you likely won't hear about it any more. 

@Falcar Do you have the space and decent room configuration for a set of Khorns?  From the minimal amount of info that we have here, it seems to me that this could be a good choice for you.  And, I would highly recommend a pair of used.  Normally (but not always) those that own Khorns take good care of them......Just a thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falcar said:

Okay, no offense, but why am I getting recommendations for Kilpsch Pro Audio?? I just wanted to keep this to the Heritage series. My Cornwalls are PLENTY powerful. I just thought maybe LaScalas offer a slighty higher sound quality at the expense of being bass-shy (which could possibly be remedied with more powerful subwoofers).

You are absolutely correct! A lot of folks here use the Klipsch Pro gear in their homes and are always happy to help you spend your money.

Bruce

• Like 1

Pro audio speakers by design must handle massive amounts of power, amp clipping, feedback and other chaos typical home audio speakers are not exposed to normally. They are designed to handle sound abuse from microphones as well. However, compared to home audio speakers, pro audio speakers are known for having a lot more distortion, issues with dispersion, and issues with clarity. Just like Class D amps (considered pro audio) are known for having a lot more distortion than Class A/B amps (considered home audio). Therefore, I am wary of purchasing pro audio speakers and equipment for home use.

Edited by Falcar
  • Haha 2