Cornwall III vs La Scala II for rap/hip-hop music??

Falcar

1 minute ago, Falcar said:

It seems to me that the basic consensus of this forum is that Klipsch Heritage speakers are overpriced garbage and Klipsch pro audio speakers are amazing.

Wow, I didn’t except any of this at all. It’s like I stepped into the twilight zone 😮

Not really.  Well, not the garbage part anyways.  The pro audio stuff really is amazing though.

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Did you buy the danley subs yet?

Nah ... they don't fit in my closet :(  ... might not even fit in that small room  :)   Waiting on a replacement amp for the R-115SW I bought from Cory :D Know the Danley's outclass the Klipsch sub ... but my wife will never see it in the closet :D  

1 minute ago, Emile said:

Nah ... they don't fit in my closet :(  ... might not even fit in that small room  :)   Waiting on a replacement amp for the R-115SW I bought from Cory :D Know the Danley's outclass the Klipsch sub ... but my wife will never see it in the closet :D  

What closest?  Remove the doors and sell the other sub (I mean use it in the primary listening room and remind her how much trump made you on stocks for the day 😂). #dodgingunfire

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Emile said:

Know the Danley's outclass the Klipsch sub

Surely not the Danley Spud I had, deep yes quality bass no, sloppy, just like the  bigger 10 I heard.

• Like 1

Nearly every article online comparing pro audio stuff to audiophile (home audio) stuff says that pro audio stuff has better durability and portability at the expense of sound quality compared to audiophile stuff.

So everyone is the world is wrong and only a handful of people here know the true secrets of the universe?

Forgive me for finding that VERY hard to believe.

Edited by Falcar

4 hours ago, Falcar said:

Pro audio speakers by design must handle massive amounts of power, amp clipping, feedback and other chaos typical home audio speakers are not exposed to normally. They are designed to handle sound abuse from microphones as well. However, compared to home audio speakers, pro audio speakers are known for having a lot more distortion, issues with dispersion, and issues with clarity. Just like Class D amps (considered pro audio) are known for having a lot more distortion than Class A/B amps (considered home audio). Therefore, I am wary of purchasing pro audio speakers and equipment for home use.

Ah yes, another Quasi-Religious Follower of the Stereophile Myths, untruths, and exaggerations. Lord help us all. Direct radiators create distortion 10X greater than horns. Easily heard by anyone not too busy "lifting veils" from the front of female vocalists in the DAC of the Month club, which is, by the way how 99% of them are RECORDED (pop filters anyone?). Never argue with a fool.

4 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

@ClaudeJ1 better sell your jubes/danley and hypex class D amps. Your distortion threshold must be exceptionally high 

Only when I reach 130 db, which of course, all wimpy a$$ "Stereophile" type speakers are up in smoke by the time they get to 105.

1 hour ago, Falcar said:

I've heard the opposite too, that La Scalas sound thin compared to Cornwalls. But I've always heard Klipschorns sound the best. This is all very interesting.

I only buy new when it comes to audio equipment.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have to agree with Jimbo, the Khorns are the speaker to have if you want to stay in the Heritage line. I have a pair of 2007 AK-5 Khorns I bought used for a fair price, I had another pair,  also had CW2s and verticals (Is) I kept the verticals, they sound different. I've listened to LaScalas a lot, they have a better mid than the CW but the bottom end is slightly lower on the CW. Buy the LaScalas and get a sub since that's what everyone says. Personally I think they sound great on their own.

Mark

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

This is the internet, don't challenge my opinion. I'm entitled to present opinion as verifiable fact and feel attacked by you for questioning me.

I’ve already got dibs on the safe barrel, bug out

• Haha 1