Cornwall III vs La Scala II for rap/hip-hop music??

Falcar

Just so we ALL are clear, you all know this about RAP /HIP HOP music?  How many of you are really familiar with the accurate (ACCURATE?) reproduction of this genre? I am intimately familiar with it. Why I immediately recommended pro.  Heritage sure if you listen at reasonable volumes.  He had a 200+ wpc amp. Let's be real here..... And he wants to "upgrade" his 15" sub?   He bangs it.   I do too. I listen to a, lot of electronic. VERY demanding on  a system.  Don't care if you believe in your a/b amp ONLY or not.   

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Falcar said:

Nearly every article online comparing pro audio stuff to audiophile (home audio) stuff says that pro audio stuff has better durability and portability at the expense of sound quality compared to audiophile stuff.

So everyone is the world is wrong and only a handful of people here know the true secrets of the universe?

Forgive me for finding that VERY hard to believe.

Ok

I guess it's like many audiophiles said for years all horns are honky no matter what.

And YES some PA speakers do give up some sound quality for DB's and portability, you can hear it all the time in live venues. But were talking about good pro speakers, not the average used in most small temporary venues.

Anyway we have 4 different Heritage speakers here, but have pro speakers in the main listening area the living room, because they sound better, it's the only reason. Surely not for volume or looks, sound quality is always first here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Ok

I guess it's like many audiophiles said for years all horns are honky no matter what.

And YES some PA speakers do give up some sound quality for DB's and portability, you can hear it all the time in live venues. But were talking about good pro speakers, not the average used in most small temporary venues.

Anyway we have 4 different Heritage speakers here, but have pro speakers in the main listening area the living room, because they sound better, it's the only reason. Surely not for volume or looks, sound quality is always first here. 

I wish the OP were close to me.  He NEEDS to hear a funktion one sound system live dialed in properly. Hell never again say pro speakers are XYZ..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I've got no issues with you, dude. You're just super easy to wind up - so people like me and Schu take the opportunity to do so whenever it presents itself.

Just as I can wind you up tighter than a gnat's *** and do so when prompted.

By Carl,

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
4 hours ago, Falcar said:

Pro audio speakers by design must handle massive amounts of power, amp clipping, feedback and other chaos typical home audio speakers are not exposed to normally. They are designed to handle sound abuse from microphones as well. However, compared to home audio speakers, pro audio speakers are known for having a lot more distortion, issues with dispersion, and issues with clarity. Just like Class D amps (considered pro audio) are known for having a lot more distortion than Class A/B amps (considered home audio). Therefore, I am wary of purchasing pro audio speakers and equipment for home use.

That’s funny!!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Just as I can wind you up tighter than a gnat's *** and do so when prompted.

By Carl,

Honesty, the hell IS the purpose of this approach? Why try to piss someone off?   Next time I want to fight someone at work, I'll do thatm. Maybe those that wish they had a ****** on the internet do that?   I'll never know I guess.  If it makes your shit grow 1/2", power to you. Lord knows, there is one guy here that could use that, for MONTHS. 

1 hour ago, Falcar said:

It seems to me that the basic consensus of this forum is that Klipsch Heritage speakers are overpriced garbage and Klipsch pro audio speakers are amazing.

Wow, I didn’t except any of this at all. It’s like I stepped into the twilight zone 😮

Well, first of all, that is certainly NOT the consensus of this forum.    A minor percentage of this forum actually own pro gear.

Secondly, yes, The Twilight Zone it is.....

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, Falcar said:

It seems to me that the basic consensus of this forum is that Klipsch Heritage speakers are overpriced garbage and Klipsch pro audio speakers are amazing.

Wow, I didn’t except any of this at all. It’s like I stepped into the twilight zone 😮

Really hardly any difference except for the wrapper......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1