Cornwall III vs La Scala II for rap/hip-hop music??

Falcar

51 minutes ago, Falcar said:

and if the notion has always been that pro audio is too distorted-sounding for home use, then I am going to stick with that train of thought

Just to wonder out loud....

What if "OUR" notion is that pro audio sounds bigger, cleaner, less distortion and costs less than residential speakers?  Would you consider sticking with that train of thought?

(think before you answer as everyone here who has heard the difference knows the answer and some of them/us are trying to help (shorten) your learning curve)

Just now, Coytee said:

Don't Yessssssssssssssss me dude!!!

You can ask my wife about my knowledge of being closed minded.....she'd say I'm an expert!!

Hmmm......:ph34r2:

I don't care about what your wife says, I have never met her, but know you are of the preliminary enlightened few.  I have a modest pro system and I'm currently tickled to death with it.   Never heard jubes, but in trying to get with @babadono to accomplish that.  Probably a dangerous move in my part, but I'll take the plunge.... I think it's funny that the moron that called me an idiot heard jubes and was supposedly in love with them and then publicly announced that he wanted to buy my 396s.....GTFO with your hypocrisy 

2 hours ago, Falcar said:

Pro audio speakers by design must handle massive amounts of power, amp clipping, feedback and other chaos typical home audio speakers are not exposed to normally. They are designed to handle sound abuse from microphones as well. However, compared to home audio speakers, pro audio speakers are known for having a lot more distortion, issues with dispersion, and issues with clarity. Just like Class D amps (considered pro audio) are known for having a lot more distortion than Class A/B amps (considered home audio). Therefore, I am wary of purchasing pro audio speakers and equipment for home use.

Ah....no

You don't know the power of the dark side:)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Ok "dude" 

My  my....  I sense sarcasm....  did I enunciate it the proper California way or did it have my Ohio accent or perhaps any twang of Tennessee after living here for 30 years?

where's the local safe space, I think I need to go hide.

Perhaps I can go find a safe space with residential speakers and hear a playback of my whimpering over their lower distorted sound??

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

This is of course, my opinion only however, I'd presume others would agree with me.

In the world of Klipsch, the sound gets better as you go bigger. 

Definitely the opinion of some but not for all.  My opinion falls in "as you go bigger, it gets uglier and there's no way I'd ever put that in my house".  ;)

If the OP want's Heritage type speakers, then why doesn't everyone help him out with Heritage style speakers versus telling him what he wants is something completely different.  Not everyone wants to own "Pro" speakers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Falcar said:

Okay, no offense, but why am I getting recommendations for Kilpsch Pro Audio?? I just wanted to keep this to the Heritage series. My Cornwalls are PLENTY powerful. I just thought maybe LaScalas offer a slighty higher sound quality at the expense of being bass-shy (which could possibly be remedied with more powerful subwoofers).

I appreciate the responses so far, but is this how it works on this forum (i.e. you mention Heritage series and start getting directed towards pro audio)??

Falcar - you didn't mention anywhere that you wanted to stick to Heritage. I would be more open minded in the future. Forum members responded to your questions thoughtfully and suggested Pro as well as Heritage models. They are just trying to help. The least you can do is be respectful in return. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Falcar said:

I am still concerned that La Scalas are simply not right for the music I mostly listen to (rap/hip-hop).

I listen to this music, along with electronica, on my La Scalas and tapped horn subs and it is quite enjoyable. The faults you'll find are in the source material - 80's/90's material in that genre can be a bit hit or miss when it comes to recording quality, and the LS's will only shine a spotlight on those qualities.

5 minutes ago, avguytx said:

My opinion falls in "as you go bigger, it gets uglier and there's no way I'd ever put that in my house".  ;)

Though that might be true, note that it has nothing to do with the sound!

:)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coytee said:

My  my....  I sense sarcasm....  did I enunciate it the proper California way or did it have my Ohio accent or perhaps any twang of Tennessee after living here for 30 years?

where's the local safe space, I think I need to go hide.

Perhaps I can go find a safe space with residential speakers and hear a playback of my whimpering over their lower distorted sound??

Ha, you are fine.   No one in California I know says dude for the past 10+ years now.   White guys I know say bro, I have mostly Asian friends.... Go figure. 

6 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Definitely the opinion of some but not for all.  My opinion falls in "as you go bigger, it gets uglier and there's no way I'd ever put that in my house".  ;)

If the OP want's Heritage type speakers, then why doesn't everyone help him out with Heritage style speakers versus telling him what he wants is something completely different.  Not everyone wants to own "Pro" speakers.

That is true too, I told him, go buy your LA scalas. He won't buy used. End of story, done?  Even though he can get new jubes for half the CURRENT price of new LA scalas... Oh well, you fall short of holy grail, but that may be the end of your journey, not mine.  

Just now, Coytee said:

Though that might be true, note that it has nothing to do with the sound!

:)

That's true as well.  But another part in my case, I have tinnitus and don't hear well past 12kHz...if that.  So for me, the point of diminishing returns comes really fast...sad but true.  What I would give to go back in time and done a little different with my hearing.  But, alas...

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

It's been a slow process getting people here interested in the pro stuff.  There were a few nut-cases early on but now there is an increasing number of them (nut-cases that is), some of which have commented already.

So is that why the Squirrels have been watching me more and more?

2 hours ago, Falcar said:

Pro audio speakers by design must handle massive amounts of power, amp clipping, feedback and other chaos typical home audio speakers are not exposed to normally. They are designed to handle sound abuse from microphones as well. However, compared to home audio speakers, pro audio speakers are known for having a lot more distortion, issues with dispersion, and issues with clarity. Just like Class D amps (considered pro audio) are known for having a lot more distortion than Class A/B amps (considered home audio). Therefore, I am wary of purchasing pro audio speakers and equipment for home use.

Pro gear is designed to do everything any heritage speaker does but much better. Don't know where you got that idea but someone is filling your head with bad information. There is not one home owner thing at my place anymore unless I am fixing it up to sell. Having heard many sets of Klipsch Pro and Heritage there is no doubt in my mind where the best fidelity resides.

• Like 1

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

That is true too, I told him, go buy your LA scalas. He won't buy used. End of story, done?  Even though he can get new jubes for half the CURRENT price of new LA scalas... Oh well, you fall short of holy grail, but that may be the end of your journey, not mine.  

I agree there.  At half the price, it's pretty much a no brainer.  And honestly, if I had the space, I might do it.  I'd just have to make some kind of cover for that big a$$ 402 horn as I would not be able to look at that all the time.  lol

With my hearing issues, my search for The Holy Grail is non-existent.  Unless it involves finding the Monty Python DVD. ;)

6 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Ha, you are fine.   No one in California I know says dude for the past 10+ years now.   White guys I know say bro, I have mostly Asian friends.... Go figure. 

dammit....  I was kinda enjoying stuffing my head into the barrel

11 minutes ago, avguytx said:

If the OP want's Heritage type speakers, then why doesn't everyone help him out with Heritage style speakers versus telling him what he wants is something completely different.  Not everyone wants to own "Pro" speakers

Yes you are right about that and in that spirit I have to say my favorite is the Chorus which plays any genre well. I prefer the Chorus I with front ports so you can put them anywhere and they sound great. They also respond real well to upgrades on tweeters and recapping crossovers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coytee said:

dammit....  I was kinda enjoying stuffing my head into the barrel

We may live in a bubble in socal, but that isn't the bubble I live in.  I believe that is why I am a member here when most my age couldn't give a shit less about high resolution audio,  I am one of those young statistics that was posted here today in a separate thread on where hifI is going.  

4 minutes ago, Dave A said:

So is that why the Squirrels have been watching me more and more?

Please stop finding excuses to talk in public spaces about your squirrels trying to find your nuts.  It's a bit creepy :wacko:

4 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Pro gear is designed to do everything any heritage speaker does but much better. Don't know where you got that idea but someone is filling your head with bad information. There is not one home owner thing at my place anymore unless I am fixing it up to sell. Having heard many sets of Klipsch Pro and Heritage there is no doubt in my mind where the best fidelity resides.

I'm starting to sense a theme with all the responses however, I'm sure that pro speakers are still designed to have more distortion than residential speakers.

• Haha 1

Why has the suggestion of pro speakers continued when the OP specifically stated that they were not interested in the in their 2nd post? The behavior displayed in this thread is comparable to the behavior of forum members in garage sale ads. Which members are involved determines how far off track a thread is allowed to go. Forcing Pro Klipsch down Falcar's throat is not "helping" them. It was suggested, politely refused and then subsequently talked about for 2+ pages. 

OK, so do I sound bored right now?  Waiting for my 4:00 appointment to show up.  So far today, EVERYONE has been 30 minutes early and they've gotten done early.

Noooooooooo, not the last one of the day.....  they are waiting to the last minute to show up (if they show at all)

Meanwhile, you guys have to put up with me.  Well, you & Dave's squirrel's