DANLEY DTS10 Tapped Horn kits

filmofreddy

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

Oh I'd do the drive in a heartbeat after hearing Claude's but another rabbit hole right now is NOT what I need.  Well maybe I do so just say NO applies.  Stop drawing me back to this thread too.  Ugh!  I want! I want!  BUT NO!  😂

4 12"s in a tapped horn is a little better than none I think. Doesn't have to be a rabbit hole.  You can fill the hole once you buy these.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Could we prevail upon you for a photo of one of the drivers?  Hey Claude @ClaudeJ1 what can you tell us about these excellent subs?

GLWS

I owned 2 and sold them to another forum member to go with the Jubes he got from me. They go down to 12 Hz. easily and use Twin Custom Eminence Lab drivers not available in the Eminence catalog (3" vs. 2 1/2" Voice Coil). They handle way more power that stock LAB 12 drivers.

I'm currently building a Super Tapped Horn similar to a DTS-10 with even more insane drivers that will have the same output as 2 DTS 10's but in a taller, slimmer box to complement twin TH-50's in the front. Lumber is all cut, I just need to assemble.

But DTS-10's are the "Mac Daddy" subs if you don't like to make sawdust and build (assembled by someone else). They will shake your foundation and handle gobs of power. I think they are about 95 db/watt efficient, which is 10X better than most Direct Radiator subs.

I have one (after having sold the second one I had, I originally wanted a stereo pair but the wife.......  (nuff said))

Anyway, the single one I have seems MORE than able to keep up with the Jubilee's when it starts to bark.  My wife made a (snide?) comment once that I was rattling the exterior windows of the house....  in the next room over from where they're located.

Personally, I didn't hear it but it's not about hearing it.  I FELT it!!

Nice price.

• Like 1