Porsche Does It Again

Gilbert

58 minutes ago, haydukej said:

Can't afford an S, but I've loved my model 3 (dual motor) for a year now. *Note, Elon is not omitted from the marketing hype camp either.

I think the closest I'll ever come to either of those will be a Hoveround.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

How uninspiring.  It's like driving with ear plugs in.

That's exactly what I thought....   nothing like a loud menacing rumble behind your head, or in front.... either way is great.

• Like 1

Interesting video ... just not sure I am ready for these electric cars yet :(  Have driven 1000HP Porsche 917's and the amazing 962's around several Florida tracks ... just amazing ... need to hear a "real" engine and feel it's power. :D  Missing the "real men, real machines" period in car racing.  In the seventies, one out of every 10 Formula 1 drivers used to get killed ... sad, but to me it beats the current racing scene.  Very save, but missing "real balls."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Emile said:

Interesting video ... just not sure I am ready for these electric cars yet :(  Have driven 1000HP Porsche 917's and the amazing 962's around several Florida tracks ... just amazing ... need to hear a "real" engine and feel it's power. :D  Missing the "real men, real machines" period in car racing.  In the seventies, one out of every 10 Formula 1 drivers used to get killed ... sad, but to me it beats the current racing scene.  Very save, but missing "real balls."

Damn, a member who's been intimate with a famosa  917, and 962 from the Holbrook years with GTP.  Would love to sit and chat with you about those experiences. When I lived in Tampa, I use to drive to Sebring every year and camp with some buddys'.  We'd all skip out of Friday from school and head to the track. I've driven a couple of prepared Shelby's, but that's it. Loved that thunderous rumble, to call it addicting falls short. Makes my heart pound. 

I don't know about that real balls comment, but I know what you mean about race cars being safer.... but that's a good thing. As much as crashes get my attention, I don't like to see anyone get killed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Would love to sit and chat with you about those experiences

Awesome :D  The Florida Porsche clubs used to meet at the Moroso track (near West Palm Beach) during "instructor" days.  Usually, the "big guys," like "Gunner Racing" (they used to run several 962's in IMSA ... partially build a 962 replica for me ... haha; ran out of money :) ) showed up and if you got lucky you got to drive one.  Good memories :D 

• Like 2