Finding the manufacturing date for KlipschHorn speaker set?

TechyMike

Yesterday I picked up a set from an estate sale in the Bay area.  Everything is original and the speakers work perfectly. Minor blemish on the top on one of the speakers but over all they are in excellent condition and solid. The disclosure sticker has a date of 1980 so I know they are at least that old but just not sure how to determine the actual build date. The pair, these were just impossible to pass up on. Even though I don't have the room big enough to optimize the use of them. 

Edited by TechyMike
Delete detail

3 hours ago, TechyMike said:

Thanks, I will do that when I get home from work. Appreciate the fast reply.

Just Google "Klipsch serial number decoder" and you'll find several websites that will provide you with that information and more.

Actually I plan on searching again as the information was not as easy as entering the S/N and coming up with a simple date. It was more like a decoder ring was needed to figure it out. I must say that these Horns do add a smooth sound that I nearly forgot from the Forte's  and Heresy's from long ago. There are 5 separate Yamaha M-65 amps as the power source for the home theater run by a Yamaha 2030 used as a preamp. 

Looks like these were manufactured in 1983 from the "Y" data. From what I read these are the 595 and 596 line series made.  I appreciate the information on the search.

Edited by TechyMike
Added information