Boxes , Keep 'em ?

Kidd

I've got boxes for my Forte 3 , Heresy 3 and a Primaluna amp .

They take up a lot of space .

I will sell them some day  , maybe sooner  than later , I donno .

It will be a local sale  , I ain't  shipping them

I know it is in vogue  to keep the boxes  for some reason 

Do y'all really  keep the boxes or toss them out  ???????

I am thinking to  toss them , no real reason to keep them , wont help sell them when the time comes

What do you all think ?

Kidd

Dialogue Premium HP Integrated Amp

If I were buying speakers , or what have you , I would not care about the boxes , I'd tell them to toss them for me

OTOH , if they ever go into storage , they wont  , they'd be  sold  before storage

Thanks

• Moderators

I never kept any of the boxes, but have no intentions of moving or selling any of the speakers. Only electronic boxes that still have a warranty are kept.

Actually the boxes and proper packing material are not cheap, it's kind of surprising how much for something you don't think about much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kidd said:

Dialogue Premium HP Integrated Amp

If I were buying speakers , or what have you , I would not care about the boxes , I'd tell them to toss them for me

OTOH , if they ever go into storage , they wont  , they'd be  sold  before storage

Thanks

How do you like the sound of the amp,I have a Primaluna Prologue Premium amp and preamp and I love the sound of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

How do you like the sound of the amp,I have a Primaluna Prologue Premium amp and preamp and I love the sound of them.

Using my kg5.2  and not too impressed , my H3s  came today , still boxed  , in a couple of days I'll have them replacing the kg5.2 .

I may be in the market for a Parasound  , just to hear the difference , I may like one over the other , lol

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Keeping the boxes might say "this guy cared so much for his gear that he kept the boxes".

It definitely does, when buying or selling or just moving original boxes are a big plus, especially for moving safely.

• Like 2

I've always kept boxes for electrical and or expensive things until the warranty expired at least.

Kept the Heresy II boxes from 1990 until `04 when my living space could not handle them anymore.

It never fails that when kept they're in the way somehow, but I'd need them for something three weeks after putting them in the recycle bin!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jwc said:

I keep everything

THIS^^^^^^^ I do not throw away boxes for anything. 

10 hours ago, Kidd said:

I've got boxes for my Forte 3 , Heresy 3 and a Primaluna amp .

They take up a lot of space .

I will sell them some day  , maybe sooner  than later , I donno .

It will be a local sale  , I ain't  shipping them

I know it is in vogue  to keep the boxes  for some reason 

Do y'all really  keep the boxes or toss them out  ???????

I am thinking to  toss them , no real reason to keep them , wont help sell them when the time comes

What do you all think ?

Kidd

Man I was just up in Sedona meet @Pete H there would have been cool to meet another Klipsch forum member, maybe next trip.

Keep the PL box the way it is.  You'll never get another shipping box made like that again.  I was amazed when I opened mine up.  You saw how it came to your house.  Rather than toss the others why not gently break them down properly, save the innards and put them in a garbage bag n store flat somewhere?  Under the bed, stand in a closet, you've got a spot somewhere.  Heck stand them in the corners after you break them down and let ppl ask why you have your boxes.  Teach brother, teach!  Proper boxes ALWAYS help a resale whether local or not..  Airmobility is ALWAYS good cause ya never know what's comin down the road.  Enjoy!