Cornwall IV

tipatina

19 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I wake up every morning hoping to find speakers like these sitting in my driveway!

And I don't even have a driveway!

I would say that you are starting to have too many speakers, but that't just nonsense talk around here.

Enjoy!

19 hours ago, MookieStl said:
20 hours ago, Pete Mote said:

Woke up this morning to find  this is the front driveway, special delivery from Hope, Arkansas. Who doesn't need a little Hope is this day and age?.  KCIV's and  KFIII's,  in Black Ash  and Ebony,  respectively.   I will be doing a  Heresy IV comparison, even though I know the answer already. 

IMG_6867.jpg

I wake up every morning hoping to find speakers like these sitting in my driveway!

And I don't even have a driveway!

I would say that you are starting to have too many speakers, but that't just nonsense talk around here.

Enjoy!

That is just terrible.  Just terrible it wasn't my driveway.  😁

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 12:28 PM, Pete Mote said:

Woke up this morning to find  this is the front driveway, special delivery from Hope, Arkansas. Who doesn't need a little Hope is this day and age?.  KCIV's and  KFIII's,  in Black Ash  and Ebony,  respectively.   I will be doing a  Heresy IV comparison, even though I know the answer already. 

IMG_6867.jpg

I guess it's not just any neighborhood you can do that in.  (Wake up to find that stuff still in the driveway.)

At first I thought that was couple of guitar cases leaning against the speakers, but thought they looked a little blocky.  Turning my phone and looking closer revealed they aren't blocky at all; they're bricky...

I look forward to a full report.

• 11 months later...
On 4/24/2020 at 6:50 AM, CANT said:

C0866516-AC2F-45B9-897D-0AC93DBDA4CB.jpeg

On 4/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, mustang_flht said:

The CWIV filter that I put on page 14 is a Rev A, this one is a Rev B, so it seems to me that this is an evolution of CWIV

Hi @dls_123

On your recent version of CWIV there will certainly be network B. Look at the diagram of version B,  @CANT has read the capacitor values for you 👍😎

It is not obligatory to change the values to //, so change in priority 7µF, 2.75 and 2.25µF :)

For the resistors, I think it's 8 and 30ohms, look at the diagram of CANT, only 30ohms and in series on the signal!

1 hour ago, dls_123 said:

Yes, saw the schematic, I guess I have to wait for speakers to arrive so I can pull the woofer and be certain which version crossover.  The schematic does make it clear the small caps are the important ones.   I will put Mills or other nice wirewounds in for the resistors, but again I guess I wait and see.   I can use VCap ODAM for the caps as I am an OEM because I build tube amps for a living and get good prices from Chris.  He will pull caps for me that are very close to those values and certainly within the 5% spec Klipsch uses.  I will probably put damping material on the horns too just because I can.  They will see only tubes in front of them so should sound very nice.

Just curious, are you serious about tinkering with a new crossover on a new cabinet?

8 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Just curious, are you serious about tinkering with a new crossover on a new cabinet?

I wondered about that too. Those new CF4's are a tightly integrated system and I for one would never second guess what Roy has done. I am thinking if I was not happy with them I would start looking at pro line speakers. I understand the fun of experimenting but not on something like CW4's

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Good luck. 

Thanks.  It is not a knock on the speaker and I will listen to it first for 100+ hours.   I build things for a living, so I am experimenting.  Certainly I am not going to change the crossover circuit at all because that has been worked out by the designer for the drivers used.

2 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Chef Bonehead is the designer 😎

Years ago, in a Usenet newsgroup, I witnessed a hilarious argument about psychoacoustics. "Person A" would say something, and "Person B" would respond that no, that's not how it works. The argument grew increasingly heated until finally Person A said to Person B, "You don't know what you're talking about. Here, read these papers to educate yourself and then write back." He then cited a number of AES and IEEE papers.

What Person A didn't know was that Person B was "JJ" Johnston, of Bell Labs ... the author of the very papers that Person A cited.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3