Cornwall IV

tipatina

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

that's for the older Cornwall, not the current one.

Hi Claude 😀

I answered well for the current CW IV: 700Hz for the connection between the K33E and the new K-702 according to the documentation of Klipsch, that's why IB Slammin said: With the larger horn I had hoped that it would cross deeper......

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/Cornwall-2019-Spec-Sheet-v01.pdf

Let's hope Stereophile doesn't request a pair (CW IV) to review. If they do get a pair, Chief Bonehead should be present when the measurements are taken. Better yet, fly John A. in with his test gear and oversee the measurements in the listening room and the chamber.

Lee

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Arkytype said:

Let's hope Stereophile doesn't request a pair (CW IV) to review. If they do get a pair, Chief Bonehead should be present when the measurements are taken. Better yet, fly John A. in with his test gear and oversee the measurements in the listening room and the chamber.

Lee

They don't have a chamber.  Apparently they have a driveway though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

I guess I better go with your experience and just throw out my data.......

11 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

So apparently it makes a Quarter's worth of difference then. LOL.

I think the ports will make a profound difference.  Too much box resonance/sound in earlier CWs.  One of my major dislikes.  I will need to seek out an audition because it seems the problem areas have been addressed.  Just wonder if the poly mid will sound as good as phenolic.  Probably better damping.

:emotion-21:

• Like 1

Besides, I suspect that the MAJOR improvements in the new Cornwall has nothing to do with the bass, but rather the MIDRANGE and Tweeter section, where the chosen Horn and Xover point matches up the POLARS better than sticking a Heresy horn in there (which Gary Gillum was puzzled by). BTW, the old K-600 horn had good response down to 500 Hz. FYI, but is likely outperformed by the new Mumps Horn.

• Like 1

Vent termination both inside and out will help air ingress and egress and will help with vent noise. Box resonance is another issue which brace work will solve. Aside from the vent itself the CW has no brace work, it is a big hollow large panel box very much in need of braces and ties to hold it all together. Manufactures tend to spend their money where the customer can see and appreciate it. For example they tell you port termination is important but only on the side of the port that you look at inside it all of a sudden does not matter, funny how that works.

• Like 2