The Klipsch Audio Community

On 9/12/2019 at 3:32 PM, Khornukopia said:

Just looking at pictures of the new Cornwall IV makes me happy.

Me too. It's nice to see Klipsch finally going to an Axpona-type show. Relative to the myriad of "outrageously overpriced little boxes with little woofers" Klipsch Cornwall and Heresy stomps them on a "quality sound per dollar" basis. I've seen people charge $15,000 for a pair of bookshelf speakers that are bested by a $600 pair of Klipsch RP-600M's you can get on Amazon with free delivery to your door. Also please note that NO ONE in any audio company I know of ever talks about Intermodulation Distortion, for which, among other things, PWK received an AES Silver Medal of Honor.

11 hours ago, Seadog said:

My favorite is the Lee Enfield No. 4 MK1 which I shoot in the CMP matches.  But back to the CW4, I would love to hear an A-B with the CW1 (and with the Forte III).  I was never too keen on the CW3 mid horn.  I suspect the CW4 will be considerably smoother than the predicate models as you crank 'em up loud.

I agree, and I say.............FINALLY, a worthwhile upgrade that has existed since the Forte II's Tractrix Horn (kudos to Roy for that too). Too bad Roy had to wait so long to do these upgrades. Blame it on the corporate bean counters???

boom3 wrote: So, yeah the rest of the exponential horns are being slowly obsoleted, but the proportions of the Klipschorn seem to restrict that system to the K-401 for the foreseeable future.

Dave Harris' Eliptrac 400 horns fit nicely in my Klipschorns. K400 upgrade? Check. Tractrix expansion. Check. 2" driver throat. Check.

Lee