The Klipsch Audio Community

@Chief bonehead you have to tell him how to pronounce Tractrix(R) and then teach him to use Tractrixially in a sentence..

They sound "very impressive."

Travis

As I recall, the woofer on the CWIII was moved up on the motor board (as opposed to the CWI and CWII) to reduce a standing wave which smoothed the low frequency response.

It appears that the woofer has been moved back down on the CWIV to make room for the larger mid horn.  This makes me wonder if the woofer location is not so critical, or if the CWIV handles that some other way.

• Like 1

If I had to guess, based on a little toying with tophats and bass bins...

Woofer location is critical, with respect to the location of the OTHER drivers.

For the longest time I could not figure out why I preferred my stock ‘91 LaScalas over my modded LSI Splits. The space between the bass and the rest of the sound spectrum was too great at my listening distance. The rubber feet and extra cabinet height of the tophat made that much of a difference.

18 hours ago, Seadog said:

As I recall, the woofer on the CWIII was moved up on the motor board (as opposed to the CWI and CWII) to reduce a standing wave which smoothed the low frequency response.

It appears that the woofer has been moved back down on the CWIV to make room for the larger mid horn.  This makes me wonder if the woofer location is not so critical, or if the CWIV handles that some other way.

I noticed that too.... I have no doubt that Roy found another way to address that issue so that it’s a non-issue!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bill W. said:

I noticed that too.... I have no doubt that Roy found another way to address that issue so that it’s a non-issue!

I suspect you would be correct.

Likely it smoothed out the transition between the two drivers, having them as close as possible, plus the mid horn was cut out on the bottom already (at a different radius from that of the woofer frame).

Gravitas, nice choice of words

"More Robust"

Midrange, more flesh and blood.

No strain. Sense of distirtion.

Control, Finesse.

Just from the looks of the new hardware alone, the Cornwall has finally been given what was due.  Well done Chief

• Like 3