Heresy IV

McBlueMeter

It would require a complete aspect ratio change in box dimensions to fit that horn, which is wider than a 12" woofer and apparently taller than all the space above/below the woofer, combined, apparently.  That's all I'm saying.  Unless they nip the lower flange like already done and omit the tweeter, maybe...

• Moderators
9 hours ago, glens said:

Well, for sure within a week's time we'll know whether that was supposed to be Heresy "III" or Heresy "IV" which got posted in that announcement.  It could very well be a typo that got past auto-spell and proofreading.

I think it's safe enough to say the Heresy part of any recent upgrades would exclude the "new" mid horn which leaves little room beyond crossover or general construction changes.

It was meant to be Heresy IV,  good that is official.  The bag is out of the cat.

Roy has announced he will be at RMAF 

With some luck the CW IV and H IV will both be available at our October class.

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 hours ago, glens said:

It would require a complete aspect ratio change in box dimensions to fit that horn, which is wider than a 12" woofer and apparently taller than all the space above/below the woofer, combined, apparently.  That's all I'm saying.  Unless they nip the lower flange like already done and omit the tweeter, maybe...

@Chief bonehead has a combination crowbar/tuning fork, he uses it to get out of all kinds of jams.

21 hours ago, glens said:

Well, I didn't say it would be that exact mid horn shown, only that I'm expecting a very different mid horn to incorporate the mumps/etc.

• Moderators
Just now, jimjimbo said:

Well, I didn't say it would be that exact mid horn shown, only that I'm expecting a very different mid horn to incorporate the mumps/etc.

How did the ribs turn out?  Who won?

Not that it matters, but if someone does a Poll on  your new Michigan logo this season, put me down for "against - bring back the old one."  

4 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

How did the ribs turn out?  Who won?

They were excellent, and although I took second place, that is far and away better than last year when I wasn't even in the top 5....new recipe though this year.

4 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Not that it matters, but if someone does a Poll on  your new Michigan logo this season, put me down for "against - bring back the old one."  

Oh, it definitely matters.....I'm working on it.  Bit of a file issue between two machines.....Fear not.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Emile said:

Well, "I" enjoyed it.  Did not see many "likes" on the original post :(  Are you guys "too old," or "too embarrassed." :D 

Heading ever-rapidly toward "too old" but more, am jaded by the Interweb.  When I see something like that photo, the first question is whether it's a good Photoshop job or real?  Assuming it's real, my admittedly limited exposure to Michigan raises to question the veracity of the claim being made.  Texas might not be my first guess but it's up there.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Jill took a bunch for "social media" so that will either be FB (nothing when I checkedl) or Instagram which I have never been on

[Moderator Edit:  Jim, don't do that again (for the second time).  I don't know what your problem is with KGI and their social media, but that team makes this Forum possible, and they do a tremendous amount for Klipsch fans like helping with the Museum and the Spring Pilgrimage.  If you have anything else to say about it had better be in a new thread or a PM to all the mods. There will be more gone in this thread in a minute, it will be about the Heresy IV, not you.]