Heresy IV

McBlueMeter

12 hours ago, moray james said:

funny when members experiment and they build a ported Heresy it is Heresy but when the company does so it is new and never before possible and wonderful. Forums can be so depressing at times.

I own a lot of Klipsch speakers and almost all of them have been modified and I still consider them Klipsch, not knocking anything anyone has done here in the DIY realm but when Klipsch makes a move like this I see it as a big deal I just hope enough of the new Cornwall IV sell that I may be able to pick them up fairly easily in the used market a couple of years or so from now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I own a lot of Klipsch speakers and almost all of them have been modified and I still consider them Klipsch, not knocking anything anyone has done here in the DIY realm but when Klipsch makes a move like this I see it as a big deal I just hope enough of the new Cornwall IV sell that I may be able to pick them up fairly easily in the used market a couple of years or so from now.

Not trying to pick on you, I understand your situation good luck with that.

• Klipsch Employees
7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I assume the EV cast frame woofers in my HIPs can handle the porting, as can (I hope) the Eminence Delta Pro 12A woofers in my ported DIY Super Heresys,

The HIP and the kp250 used a higher spl woofer. It was ported to have a higher sensitivity rating; not to go lower. HIP and 250 were about 101 sensitivity. 

• Thanks 1

• Klipsch Employees
13 hours ago, moray james said:

funny when members experiment and they build a ported Heresy it is Heresy but when the company does so it is new and never before possible and wonderful. Forums can be so depressing at times.

You can experiment all you. But when you do, you change the intent. When klipsch does, inherently it a Klipsch designed model........pretty simple. 

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It could possibly be the lighting in the shot but I don't see mumps in the H4 like I do the Cornwall.

The hersey mid horn does not need mumps. It’s not cosmetic. It’s functional. Depending on the acoustic parameters of the horn, it either needs them or doesn’t. The tweeter horn does not need them either. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

You can experiment all you. But when you do, you change the intent. When klipsch does, inherently it a Klipsch designed model........pretty simple. 

thank you but it is not the company with whom I take exception. I am delighted to see the CW4 and the H4 as well and congratulations are in order. I hope in the future to see  . . . . [Moderator Edit, please start a different thread on the topic on any competitor's products]