Heresy IV

McBlueMeter

17 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Seriously, ....  your implication is that the engineers at Klipsch did not know about porting a cabinet. Really ????

Let's take it one step further ... Maybe they should put the forum members on the payroll. 

Actually, I kind of look at your post as somewhat dismissive........

Perhaps and likely they did/do know about porting a cabinet as evidenced by the Chorus I and maybe the "popularity" of the Super Heresy thread just made someone take another look at the possibility and tweaking of the design.  Whatever the case, I think it's terrific and I can't wait to hear the "official" stock version.

The only one I know that's on the payroll is Carl, and maybe Dtel, but that's the best of my recollection.

@CECAA850

@dtel

12 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

You should attend a Chief Bonehead Class then you might understand how BS your post was.

If i was worried about it and had nothing better to do it would be a great idea. Just stating the obvious.

Not bashing here, i like the little pro series designs from the past and think its a great idea.

5 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

More like making ill-informed assumptions.

Point something out here on the forum that's not one of the pro sound designs before Claude's remake, maybe i missed it over the years.

I try to keep updated here on the forum but can't follow everything.

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

OK, so, since is this now a "Universal Pricing World".......what's the price on a new pair of H4?  Shipped to the frozen tundra of Indiana.....

MSRP is like $3K or a few bucks under.  These aren't going to be on universal pricing.  Cornwall 4's were being debated but as of now they are not either.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Actually, I kind of look at your post as somewhat dismissive........

Perhaps and likely they did/do know about porting a cabinet as evidenced by the Chorus I and maybe the "popularity" of the Super Heresy thread just made someone take another look at the possibility and tweaking of the design.  Whatever the case, I think it's terrific and I can't wait to hear the "official" stock version.

The only one I know that's on the payroll is Carl, and maybe Dtel, but that's the best of my recollection.

@CECAA850

@dtel

You are correct. My comment is dismissive. 

Porting a cabinet is one of the tools an engineer can employ. Please remember that all these decisions are based on trade-offs. For example, there are a number of folks that like the idea of porting a La Scala cabinet. It does have consequences however. Is it a good idea? Well it depends on what your priorities and targets might be. Of course, there are reasons why you may not want to port a cabinet ... it depends on your goals. 

However,  the notion that that this is some "new idea" for a Heresy is a bit of a stretch. 

If the Super-Duper Heresy (with its porting) is a great idea and fills a need, then great. I hope everyone enjoys it. 

Good Luck,

-Tom

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jason str said:

Point something out here on the forum that's not one of the pro sound designs before Claude's remake, maybe i missed it over the years.

I try to keep updated here on the forum but can't follow everything.

Instead of assumptions and speculations why didn’t you just ask @Chief bonehead to share information about the design changes...? 

1 hour ago, jason str said:

If i was worried about it and had nothing better to do it would be a great idea.

If you had attended Chief Boneheads Class you would have learned that PWK was wanting to look at porting the Heresy and many other changes to the Heritage models like steeper slope crossovers. Roy told us members that attended the class that the changes we were seeing to these Heritage Models were the directions that he knew Paul wanted to go because they had discussions about them. Roy has said on more than one occasion that any changes he does to the Heritage models are in the direction that PWK wanted because they had discussions about them and he believes in what Paul taught him and that is how he honours his memory.

miketn

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Instead of assumptions and speculations why didn’t you just ask @Chief bonehead to share information about the design changes...? 

If you had attended Chief Boneheads Class you would have learned that PWK was wanting to look at porting the Heresy and many other changes to the Heritage models like steeper slope crossovers. Roy told us members that attended the class that the changes we were seeing to these Heritage Models were the directions that he knew Paul wanted to go because they had discussions about them. Roy has said on more than one occasion that any changes he does to the Heritage models are in the direction that PWK wanted because they had discussions about them and he believes in what Paul taught him and that is how he honours his memory.

miketn

Unfortunately many don't have much time for extracurricular activities like myself and I'm not the only one who thought the same thing so post it for all to see to squash the speculation going around.

22 minutes ago, jason str said:

Unfortunately many don't have much time for extracurricular activities like myself and I'm not the only one who thought the same thing so post it for all to see to squash the speculation going around.

I’m afraid people would just find something else to speculate about and like you I don’t have time for extracurricular activities like “squashing the speculation going around “ although I did try this time and obviously in vain...

miketn

I really don't think it matters where the Chief's motivation came from fact is it looks like we have a couple of very fine speakers now available from Klipsch and I personally cannot wait to get my ears on a set. 

At the same time I don't think its unreasonable to think that he may have drawn off of this forum at least a little. Look, these speakers were due for an update (the Cornwall III long overdue IMO) why not see what public sentiment is on the subject and see if / how they could align with realistic design goals? 

People have been crying about the Cornwall III mid horn since long before I joined the forum and with the success of the CornScala and Claude's super Heresy over the last few years I find it hard to believe that those things flew completely below the Chief's radar and didn't have any impact on the designs / direction he chose. 

The black oak cabs are pretty, but I am sick of black audio stuffs. 

Having heard them and The Chief discuss them, I think the better line of speculation lies in corporate budgeting and finance, if anything.  The time was right to update and improve the H III.  Perhaps there was also engineering time available, too.  The H IVs have a nice kick to them.  I believe they will be more popular.  The price and sound make them a new Klipsch gateway drug. 

At best, if The Chief saw Claude's Super Heresy, he'd say yeah, we can do that.  Cornwall proves Mr. Paul and K&A considered it viable, in the '50s.