Heresy IV

McBlueMeter

I think it is funny that some forum members actually believe that some of the DIY projects displayed here are the reason for this new line of Heritage.  :D

I think it is a great idea that Klipsch has started offering the educational classes some of us attended.............and it sounds like maybe something like that could be coupled with the pilgrimage next year........which would be a great idea to better educate the patrons about the new products.

29 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

I think it is funny that some forum members actually believe that some of the DIY projects displayed here are the reason for this new line of Heritage.  :D

I think it is a great idea that Klipsch has started offering the educational classes some of us attended.............and it sounds like maybe something like that could be coupled with the pilgrimage next year........which would be a great idea to better educate the patrons about the new products.

I don't think that anyone has stated the DIY projects were "the reason" for the new line, but I believe some of those, myself included, believe that due to the popularity of those projects that it is possible that additional looks/research/product updates were made.  Why that is so funny I don't understand.  Customer feedback, both positive or negative should be held as very important to any well run company.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^
} I think that, those, are pics from Metropolis Lake on Tuesday  —

Wrong, Eric is a pus$y.  LOL, or a shape shifter. 

Had to edit this because I used the word pus$y?  Really, cause it might offend dogs or pet pigs, that's just stupid. 

Edited by Pete H
stupid rules about certain words

7 hours ago, Lars2802 said:

Nice! How is the size compared to the Heresy 3? Looks a bit taller?

I was curious too, so I measured my Heresy II's. The width and depth are identical, but the IV is roughly 3" taller. Looking at the photos of the IV without the grill I can see extra space between the top of the tweeter and the top of the motor board, which reinforces my measurements.

I wonder whether the extra height was necessary to accommodate the port, or for the extra cabinet volume to achieve the lower cutoff frequency, or both. From what little I know, with a sealed vs. a ported cabinet of the same internal volume, the ported cabinet WILL inherently play lower, but will have a steeper roll-off. That steep roll-off may work better with the steeper slope of the new crossover.

Lastly, I wonder whether the tilted riser will affect the port's output. Typically, rear ports fire directly backward at the adjacent wall.  How will an angled port affect the port's low end contribution?

I can't wait to read real world reviews from owners.

All I know is that I heard these at an audio show and when they played Little Wing by Stevie Ray, the H4 by themselves with no help from a sub played every note on the bass guitar with authority, they never wimped out. The guitar was nice and thick and not screechy too. I turned around to give Roy a big evil grin but he beat me to it, he knew what was up. Just super cool.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A pair of these might be those most I can get over to the Philippines... gonna really be downsizing, but these would be great. Really, my HIIs would be ok, but selling everything else would allow for the newest models.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

18 hours ago, Peter P. said:

I was curious too, so I measured my Heresy II's. The width and depth are identical, but the IV is roughly 3" taller. Looking at the photos of the IV without the grill I can see extra space between the top of the tweeter and the top of the motor board, which reinforces my measurements.

I wonder whether the extra height was necessary to accommodate the port, or for the extra cabinet volume to achieve the lower cutoff frequency, or both. From what little I know, with a sealed vs. a ported cabinet of the same internal volume, the ported cabinet WILL inherently play lower, but will have a steeper roll-off. That steep roll-off may work better with the steeper slope of the new crossover.

Lastly, I wonder whether the tilted riser will affect the port's output. Typically, rear ports fire directly backward at the adjacent wall.  How will an angled port affect the port's low end contribution?

I can't wait to read real world reviews from owners.

You're forgetting that the riser is attached to the H IV, which gives the PERCEPTION that it is three inches taller in those pics, when it is really around an inch taller, instead!

Why wait to read reviews...just go and give them a listen, instead!  Let your ears be your own personal "review"!

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/19/2019 at 8:11 PM, jimjimbo said:

The only one I know that's on the payroll is Carl, and maybe Dtel, but that's the best of my recollection.

@CECAA850

@dtel

Not me, but at one time I said if I am in the plant anymore I will need to punch in. 

It was kind of funny, one time when my wife had to be in a meeting there I skipped out, sat on the door of the chamber took some pictures and got bored. So I got up and walked from the lab to the plant and just walked around. It was at night and was empty with only a few lights on at each station and I love low light pictures. After about half an hour I heard something and the plant manager comes walking by heading out and I got a little nervous since it was just me and him and I was not supposed to be there, or no one knew anyway. He recognized me  and said high and kept walking so I kept taking pictures, kind of in shock. I turned around and told him I wouldn't mess with anything or take anything and he laughed at me. Later that night i told Roy and he did the same thing, laughed at me. Guess they knew who to look at if anything was missing.