Heresy IV

McBlueMeter

• Moderators
On 11/20/2019 at 6:07 AM, jjptkd said:

I really don't think it matters where the Chief's motivation came from fact is it looks like we have a couple of very fine speakers now available from Klipsch and I personally cannot wait to get my ears on a set. 

At the same time I don't think its unreasonable to think that he may have drawn off of this forum at least a little. Look, these speakers were due for an update (the Cornwall III long overdue IMO) why not see what public sentiment is on the subject and see if / how they could align with realistic design goals? 

People have been crying about the Cornwall III mid horn since long before I joined the forum and with the success of the CornScala and Claude's super Heresy over the last few years I find it hard to believe that those things flew completely below the Chief's radar and didn't have any impact on the designs / direction he chose. 

As he explained in his @Chief boneheadclass his only motivation came from Paul W. Klipsch. 

Now, if someone's home brew was also inspired by the design principles of PWK, it's possible that the two might intersect, but then you have to factor everything Roy did on the networks, which was a whole nuther day.

Roy put on a Roger Waters track, and being totally amazed with the sound, I later asked, if anybody heard the .... o O (cross talk interference sounds ?) which I figured were similar to Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gyspys tour doing "Machine Gun" and picking up the voice of a cb radio somewhere... but was relieved to hear that it was part of the song lol...

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:01 AM, babadono said:

image.png.491cdae7d0eaafe73d7566bbf3fb3150.png

Cat and port in the back.

Did you notice how the cat’s hip is against the speaker and his tail is wrapped around the corner of it?  As well, his ears are halfway back and he’s got the big suspicious eyes.  His body language clearly says “These are my speakers!  You better not think about taking them away!”

• Haha 1

Recording as much as Audacity will allow for, starting right when the kick drum and bass guitar starts, until Audacity maxes out.  At the show, I didn't feel that there was anything that the H4's were lacking in when playing Little Wing.  It was kind of ridiculous to be honest, very surprised.  

image.thumb.png.18908b5e4e7d7072bef044a83ea68ed7.png

• Like 1

I'm kinda curious why the K603M over the K703M on the CW4... that motor board is CROWDED!?! 703 would have allowed a bit more breathing room and likely would have performed just as well? It seems to do fine in the FIII? Also, if you are throwing the kitchen sink at the thing why no K771?

The H4 upgrades look nice but I have never cared for the 704 horn... it's always seemed like a weird series of compromises? I have like 4 of them in my garage and every time I think about using a pair they end up back on the shelf. I'm personally curious if there have been any talks about a 2way Heresy with a 703? The ones I built look like sh!t but I very much enjoy the way they sound...? There have been a few KPT models built this way over the years but none that I can think of that come in a standard rectangle shaped enclosure?

Also, is the polyimide midrange driver just a new diaphragm for the K70? If so, is this something the KPT guys could use in stead of the titanium or was it produce specifically for the midrange application?

6 hours ago, CANT said:

I'm kinda curious why the K603M over the K703M on the CW4... that motor board is CROWDED!?! 703 would have allowed a bit more breathing room and likely would have performed just as well? It ..................

You hear the CW IV and you'll immediately know why that squawker horn was used.  Why would a motorboard need breathing room? 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JohnA said:

You hear the CW IV and you'll immediately know why that squawker horn was used.  Why would a motorboard need breathing room? 

I mean part of speaker design is aesthetic...? I guess if you leave the grille on it doesn’t matter what you do under there but for me/to me it feels crowded? I’m also not sure hearing the speaker will completely explain the rational I was seeking insight into as well... I mean I’m sure they sound nice but they made the cab taller to fit both the ports and the 603 horn, why not one or the other? Why go to the trouble of making it taller? I know that the 603 generally sounds better than the 703 but sometimes there are reason you don’t go bigger? Sometimes something is good enough for the problem you are trying to solve? I mean the 402 is amazing by all accounts but I can neither afford them nor fit them in my home so despite their awesomeness they are not the solution for me. IDK?

15 hours ago, CANT said:

I'm kinda curious why the K603M over the K703M on the CW4...

I've compared the 603 w/ A55-g driver in my custom speakers to the 601 and 702? (Chorus 1 & II) the chorus II with the stock driver and with the dual phase plug k-55v  and my take away was the 603 had a larger sound in all cases. Comparing head to head with the Chorus 1's was like comparing Cornwall's to La Scala's 

On 11/25/2019 at 3:57 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

The cat is "Bitey McBitesAlot", he's my partner in crime.  Basically any time I unbox anything he's all up in everything.  He photobombed that one shot so I just included it for fun.  :)  

Looks a Heathkat