Heresy IV

McBlueMeter

On 11/19/2019 at 8:21 PM, jason str said:

About time they ported the Heresy. Sounds like Claude's super Heresy design got around enough for somebody from Klipsch to notice.

I'm sure they noticed, but it's not in their best interest to acknowledge any amateur mods. Klipsch had their MANAGEMENT criteria and their Engineers' criteria and the twain shall meet at some point in the game but probably not as often as we'd like, who knows. It's inside information either way.

I was glad to see the re-use of flared ports, and that Roy didn't have to retool for them. From a bean counters point of view, I'm sure he got kudos for that as well as the overall redesigns. Either way, these new Upgrades are exciting news and, I'm sure they deserve a lot of positive press for them. Good work is good work.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, PrestonTom said:

You are correct. My comment is dismissive. 

Porting a cabinet is one of the tools an engineer can employ. Please remember that all these decisions are based on trade-offs. For example, there are a number of folks that like the idea of porting a La Scala cabinet. It does have consequences however. Is it a good idea? Well it depends on what your priorities and targets might be. Of course, there are reasons why you may not want to port a cabinet ... it depends on your goals. 

However,  the notion that that this is some "new idea" for a Heresy is a bit of a stretch. 

If the Super-Duper Heresy (with its porting) is a great idea and fills a need, then great. I hope everyone enjoys it. 

Good Luck,

-Tom

Actually, lots of people have already enjoyed the SH for over 6 years now. Bass reflex was a Jensen invention and I hear a pair of half million dollar Wilson's a few weeks ago that use ports, not even flared. Porting is not that big of a deal nowadays, since the science has caught up a long time ago with Thiele Small parameters published in 1971's AES jounal, of which, I was a member. All in all, I'm glad real customers can now buy a ported Heresy IV because it's still an umgawakikbootie little box when used with the right subwoofer, or not.

9 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'm sure they noticed, but it's not in their best interest to acknowledge any amateur mods. Klipsch had their MANAGEMENT criteria and their Engineers' criteria and the twain shall meet at some point in the game but probably not as often as we'd like, who knows. It's inside information either way.

I was glad to see the re-use of flared ports, and that Roy didn't have to retool for them. From a bean counters point of view, I'm sure he got kudos for that as well as the overall redesigns. Either way, these new Upgrades are exciting news and, I'm sure they deserve a lot of positive press for them. Good work is good work.

No worries, just making an observation of what's going on. Same thing happened with the horn loaded subs.

Hope the redesign is a hit, still needs a sub either way if you wish to hear all the recorded content.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jason str said:

No worries, just making an observation of what's going on. Same thing happened with the horn loaded subs.

Hope the redesign is a hit, still needs a sub either way if you wish to hear all the recorded content.

Yep, once you have subwoofers, especially horn loaded ones, you never go back.

• Like 2

• Klipsch Employees
On 11/23/2019 at 4:45 PM, dwilawyer said:

As he explained in his @Chief boneheadclass his only motivation came from Paul W. Klipsch. 

Now, if someone's home brew was also inspired by the design principles of PWK, it's possible that the two might intersect, but then you have to factor everything Roy did on the networks, which was a whole nuther day.

No man!  I troll for ideas!  Lol!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1