where the @#*$ is belle?

jdm56

ordered belle klipsch 4/16/02

still not delivered on 11/01/02

told this PM that it should arrive at dealer mid-month.

this may be the longest "4-6 week" wait in the history of the world.

does klipsch not know how long it takes to build a speaker? do they not know how many orders they have at any given time? assuming the answer to the preceeding is yes, then why was I told by my salesperson to expect a four to six week wait? it's now been approximately 28 weeks...and counting.

so, if you're ordering new heritage speakers, be prepared to wait months, not weeks.

i'm trying to be patient, but i've about reached my limit. i'm tempted to cancel, except I probably would have a hard time getting my money back, since I prepaid in full, heritage speakers being a "special-order" product and all. if i could, i'd be tempted to cancel the belle, sell my '98 k-horns, and go buy me some really hi-value speakers and be done with it. you know, something that does not require the financial sacrifice, to say nothing of the hassle in accomodating such large and persnickety behemoths in my modestly sized hacienda.

i must be delirious...ignore the preceeding statement about selling my horns...im just venting here...i -- need -- o-x-y-g-e-n...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sit down and take a few deep breaths. Everything will be ooookaaayyy. Say to yourself "My Belle is comming, My Belle is comming...." 2.gif .

Yeah, I could only imagine how frustrating that would be. When I ordered my Denon, I was told it would be there by the next week. Well, it took them three weeks to finally get the stupid thing to me. I'll admit that three weeks is better than three plus months. I guess at this point, either have faith and patience or ditch the order and try to find one on the used market.

I just purchased a pair of Klipsh Belle's - Cabinets in very good condition and tweeters shot.

I have called and left messages for Klipsch Support people and E-mailed their Parts, Tech Support and Sales Staff about information in getting these tweeters replaced. I have not heard from them ever. I sent an e-mail requesting some sales information 2 weeks ago and I might as well have been trying to contact the Chairman of General Motors.

To make a long story short, I placed a call today to Simply Speakers, their tech guy called me back the same day. I have just shipped off my tweeters to them also today. When Klipsch finally gets back to me (if ever) - I'll probably have these things up and running for about 1/3 the price that Klipsch would have charged me.

So far I am not impressed with Sales and Support from Klipsch! Maybe they're just closed this month and I'm overreacting.

• Klipsch Employees

Maybe you have been trying to talk to the wrong people.

If you need a part or a piece to repair a part, you will need to contact the parts dept.

1-800-554-7724 opt 3 or email to parts@klipsch.com

Odds are your tweeter is NLA. But we should have the parts to fix it, if it can be fixed.

Your Belles should have k-77 drivers or k-77-m drivers. Both are NLA

The driver we now have is the K-77-F, The diaphragm is the same, but the magnet is not.

If you use only one, you will hear a difference.

I was out of the office last week, If your mail or call made it to my desk, you have not been answered. I should be in MON. and will do all I can to take care of everyone.

I try to check and answer my mail even it I am not at work, So please try me again.

I cant give you prices, Parts will have to do that.

Trey,

We all know YOU do YOUR best...but the fact is...this post thread was started because of an order placed for a NEW BELLE back in APRIL!! Originally...back then was when the heritage line was supposed to be released again...Just when is this actually gonna happen, anyway? Or has the re-release of the heritage line already occurred and we are all missing it? What is the status of this situation, anyhow? It would be nice for us to know SOMETHING, but so far we have NO SOLID INFO at all!!

If you folks need some builders to make this happen, then give me a call...I will come down and build his Belle for him if that is the hold-up!! LOL!

HDBR,

Yes, yes, go back to work for klipsch, and please build my belle!1.gif

I've been told by Kief's A/V that demand for new heritage speakers has just been way ahead of expectation. So they are just running behind. I don't know how accurate that info may or may not be, considering they also told me to expect a four to six week wait. The latest missed "deadline" was the end of October. That, supposedly was the "worst case scenario" for their arrival. Now I'm being told "mid November". Well that's certainly nice and vague.7.gif I'll believe it when they call and tell me it's there. Oh well, it's not like I need it to live...well, not exactly, anyway. 10.gif

hey JD, did you finally get that belle in oak? or i mean when you do get it. i've heard they do their runs by finish type these days, at least w/ the rf heard they did. maybe oak is the later or last finish run.

that still is a bummer though. good luck!

Six months going on seven is WAY TOO LONG to be waiting for your Belles. If I remember correctly, your wait has been even longer since you were waiting even before the Heritage availability went on haitus. Someone at Klipsch needs to step up and track down what has gone on with your order.

This is a joke that is not funny. What the heck is going on with getting this speaker built in a reasonable amount of time?

Somebody throw out the blueprints? Whittling that thing out of a block of hardwood or what ? We're not splitting the atom here - it's a square wooden box for COL!

I'd have to hear a pretty good excuse as to why these things are taking so long - and would expect something above and beyond just getting a Belle speaker after 7 months. (How 'bout throwin'

in a pair of matching Heresy's for James's trouble and we'll call it even?)

Come on Klipsch - whaddya gonna do for this poor soul?

Hey yeah, a free pair of heresy II's, as compensation for my months of mental anguish8.gif That'd sure make me feel a bit better.11.gif

I've been told that when the heritage line went back into production, it was k-horns first, belles, and then la scalas. And that the "old" finishes would be available as long as their supply held out. (Sure hope they saved enough from the k-horn run to do my little ol' belle!)

Wow, FIVE la scalas! that should be amazing sounding! What are you planning for subwoo***e? How about a pair of klipsch pro dual 18 inchers? Can you say "ROCK THE CASBAH"?10.gif

Id hate to say something about this, but i am, i would think that the $20,000- $25,000.00 that was ordered on this thread alone, should of been done!

Thats a good chunk of money, which makes me wonder if Klipsch is really ready to produce heritage, or they have to fill the showrooms, before they get to us here on the site!

Sounds to me like their making a bunch, for the suppliers, than they will send the pre orders out!

I wouldnt sell my K-horns for any reason, in any way, hell no!

I would hate to be Klipsch right now, having to make a half a million heritage in a certain time!

I think the suppliers have a contract with Klipsch, to get theirs first!

Then again, im sure im wrong!

Regards Jim

1.gif

With any luck klipsch got your address wrong and your belles are coming to me. lol SORRY MAN i could'nt resist that one. I know how you feel, i waited 6 months for two yards of speaker cloth.Anyway you'll be happy and forget about the long wait once they finally get there.2.gif

Yeah, as soon as they are here, everything will be cool. I just had no idea it could take this long.

Six months for grille cloth? That's outrageous too! This aint no way to treat paying customers. (pardon the grammar)

Gee, maybe I really shoulda bought those Def-Tec BP2000's that were next to my 'horns in the showroom. They did sound verrry nice. In fact, on first listen, I'd say they sounded better; smoother, and with stronger, deeper bass. Not to mention more air.

11.gif

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this is pretty painful, but there's nothing like truth to set you free.

When we resumed production on the 3 big Heritage models, we got about 100 orders for each of the products - WAY more than anticipated. As you can imagine, these products are not built on a production line. They are hand built to order in a completely different part of the factory. It takes a very well trained craftsman to build the cabinets and such people are in short supply. We had a fellow who had built the products for many years as leader of the small assembly team, but he suffered health problems and had to stop working. We then trained his Right hand guy to lead the team and a new assistant. That lead guy had challenges in his life and had to depart. We've been activly hiring and training staff to build the products and have fallen far behind the anticipated production schedule. We were able to build about 4 speakers a day, but that dropped to 1/day with the personnel changes. On top of that, orders have continued to come in and dealers have not been adequately informed of our internal issues. It's our fault, not the dealers'. The dealers should never have quoted 4-6 weeks because we have never hit that turnaround time on Heritage orders. 8 weeks minimum downhill with a strong tailwind. Any new orders are going to take at least 90 days.

Belles were the last product planned for production as they are very complex to build. The latest production schedule has revised that and we are trying to build Belles interspersed with Klipschorns and La Scalas. We are adhering to a FIFO schedule cause everybody wants theirs built first.

That's it. The whole ugly truth. Can't build enough now, can't sell enough at other times. I would not wish to change places with our production group or plant manager on this one.

There are orders that are more than 18 mnonths old not yet shipped because when we ceased production, there were orders placed at the dealers already. Just totally nuts.

There is no way to expect anybody to understand or accept any of this, it's just the way it is. If HDRBuilder needs a little part time work (say 60 hrs/week) just head on down to the factory and see Donna G. She'll set you up.

Send me PM if you need more details.