where the @#*$ is belle?

jdm56

Yeah, my belle, which according to my last update from Kief's A/V of Lawrence, KS would arrive mid November, (surprise!)...didn't. 14.gif I think I'll take up Bob G. on his gracious offer - either e-mail him (darn my timing - he's unavailable till the 11th!), or call Klipsch and see if I can find out if they can tell me when it will be built and shipped. ...then agin, maybe I'll have an auction. Sell all the klipsch and go buy a wave radio 9.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HDBR,

Yeah, thanks. I'd have felt comfortable knowing you were building my belle. Sorry they kind of jerked you around a bit. I just hope that whoever they hire to build heritage can get up to speed RIGHT NOW! I'd hate to think of some bozo (like yours truly) "learning the job" with my speaker!

Partaymon,

Glad to hear the end of your wait is in sight. When were your speakers ordered?

----------------

On 12/9/2002 10:32:08 AM HDBRbuilder wrote:

James,

The way I hear it, they are ALL "learning the job" at this point in time...at least for the Heritage builders...LOL! Hope you get your speakers soon!

----------------

HDBR,

Oh swell, THAT'S certainly comforting!15.gif

latest negative klipsch experience: following Bob G's advice to call klipsch customer service for info on heritage speaker status, I dialed them up today at 3:20PM CST. The recorded message said that business hours were from 8:00AM to 4:00PM CST; and that they were closed, but I should call again during regular business hours. EXCUSE ME!!! DID I MISS SOMETHING HERE??? THEY CALL THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE??? YEAH, I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN SERVICED ALRIGHT; RIGHT UP ME BUM!!! 7.gif

it should say CDT. they're on CDT all year long. or EST all year long. or they should change the recording when everybody else springs forward or falls back. or do they call it something like Indiana or Indianapolis time? but they're definitely not on CST now. 6.gif

Jim,

I wouldn't worry too much about the quality of build issue, if I were you. I am sure it will be good. From what I hear, the parts are all pretty much CAD-cut nowadays anyway, and MOST of the Belle is assembled up using screws and glue blocks anyway...except for the doghouse assembly. I don't think they are gonna let anything sub-standard leave the plant.

Whenever attempting to make ANY call to anywhere in Indiana, remember that Indiana is a "divided-time-zone state" Some of it is on eastern, some of it on central time. So take that into account...and try to make the calls over an hour before quitting time or an hour after work-start time.

Apparently, they just figured they did not need me there to help, after all. I let them know in no uncertain terms that I would not make a move down there unless I was assured a full-time job. And if they wanted me there on a part-time basis, I would have to be able to earn enough to support my domicile here, and still have enough for a living and to get a temporary place there. I guess that wasn't what they wanted to do. Pretty simple. I was just irked that I never received a response from them either way. Not good business practice, IMHO!

i was just trying to be cute above. what i was really saying was all but a few little pieces of IN is on EST. & its EST all the time. they don't do daylight savings time. 16.gif

so for we here in the central time zone, klipsch indianpolis is on the same time as us during our daylight saving time, but an hour ahead during our standard time. so jd actually called them after 4PM their time

http://www.mccsc.edu/time.html

builder's right. they're in the eastern time zone. but when we go back on daylight saving time we'll be the same as EST & klipsch time. so their recording should say EST for their hours. 14.gif

OK, JD goofed. 6.gif Not the first time, and I'm sure, not the last! 'Guess I called too late yesterday. So, I tried again today (earlier!). Well, I got the good ol' recording again. Yes, it was bidness hours, but there was no option given for what I wanted to talk about. The closest thing, I figured, was to dial "1" (for returns and warranty issues, I believe). So, I did that - another recording - which seemed to be getting me no closer to talking to a real live human-type creature. At which point I hung up, being frustrated and not of the sort to like dealing with telephone recordings, although I must say their "telephone voice" was quite pleasant. Downright attractive, to be honest!11.gif

But, I digress. The upshot is I struck out. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Or maybe I'll do that Wave Radio Thing. Sell all the boxes. Throw away the wires. Git me a nice little Wave radio. You know, on the TeeVee they say it sounds just like a concert hall. And they can't lie on TeeVee, can they? Or maybe they mean it sounds like the hall, you know, AT the concert. Out where you buy the tee-shirts and the glow ropes. 9.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dean,

No belle, but thanks for axing. The last I heard from my dealer was that it was scheduled to ship 12/30/02. As of this moment, no word has been received regarding said loudspeaker. Does klipsch really exist? Or does it only exist in my mind?

{I'm totally insane. Klipsch has been out of business for years. I'm nuts because I obsessed too much over audio. I just keep re-reading the same old stereo magazines and reviews. In my sick, tormented mind each one is new; hot off the press. I called a dealer to order my belle. Sensing my dementia, the sharp salesmen played me like a bass fiddle; "Selling" me a non-existant product from a non-existant company.

And yet I hope. Unable to face the reality of my pathetic exercise in futility. I live on in my "klipschworld" where PWK is king and everybody really wants big old horn loudspeakers.

Someone turn on the lights! Please, drag me kicking and screaming out of this ghost-speaker hell! Make me listen to Bose cubes to bring me back to the cold black-and-white reality of a klipschless world.

Someone...anyone. Are you out there? Can you hear me? HHEEELLLPPP!!! 6.gif