Whatcha Doing This Holiday?

thebes

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

okay, that last post was put in the wrong thread, thusly it has nothing to do with this holiday.  But, since nobody listens to me anyway, i’m not going to repost in the applicable thread. 

True, we don't always listen,  and it's like a conversation, it tends to go where it does.

This is just filler until someone has something to say about a holiday...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Really there are only two cities that i had the heart to tolerate ... Los Angeles and San Francisco -- both of which are cesspools now. Closest major city to me is Portland and that place is just so not me. But I’m not living in the city limits ... at the edge of where it turns “country,” so that is cool.  I’ve learned in my travels that i’m certainly not “mountain” guy; but, i could be “country guy” as long as i’m a half hour drive from a city.

This is good to hear, was just glad when you got out of the city. Country is good, more privacy, less stress, and the city is still right there.

Kind of what we do, nothing much around here but an hour to N.O. or the coast, a few hours to the Fla coast or South Louisiana. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

This is good to hear, was just glad when you got out of the city. Country is good, more privacy, less stress, and the city is still right there.

Kind of what we do, nothing much around here but an hour to N.O. or the coast, a few hours to the Fla coast or South Louisiana. 

I remember MinerMark used to tell me to get out of there before it killed me. Once upon a time, he & I lived in the same area (didn’t know each other though). 

I confess that i often miss it. I guess when you lived there as long as i did, it stays in your system and I do tend to miss the “good” part of that city (LA).  Actually, i say LA; but, i lived at the beach. But the concerts ... everyone stops in LA. I miss that. 

... o O (Holiday Exclusive)

I love to put my flag up, out on the front of my Townhome, every holiday, in which I use the closest available chair, in the front hallway coat closet, enabling my reach to just make the thumb tighten' set screw to hold the beveled wood pole firm in my flag pole mount that would suffice for an above grade marine boat anchor, created about 20 year's ago, with a hack saw, to the fascia board, in my shorts, in the dawn of the sun, just beginning to shed light from the night as the holiday begins upon awakening, and breath a short prayer... o O (Thank you Lord) and then I feed the cat, and make myself 2 cup's of coffee, pretty much like every morning, and that's the first 5 minute's of every holiday.... unless it's raining.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 1:43 AM, windashine said:

... o O (Holiday Exclusive)

I love to put my flag up, out on the front of my Townhome, every holiday, in which I use the closest available chair, in the front hallway coat closet, enabling my reach to just make the thumb tighten' set screw to hold the beveled wood pole firm in my flag pole mount that would suffice for an above grade marine boat anchor, created about 20 year's ago, with a hack saw, to the fascia board, in my shorts, in the dawn of the sun, just beginning to shed light from the night as the holiday begins upon awakening, and breath a short prayer... o O (Thank you Lord) and then I feed the cat, and make myself 2 cup's of coffee, pretty much like every morning, and that's the first 5 minute's of every holiday.... unless it's raining.

Poetic writing to be applauded for both style and content!  Thanks!

And thanks to all who responded. I wasn't thinking properly when I started a holiday thread and then headed to the boonies. Didn't even attempt to try reading this thread whilst bouncing down a river.  I hope and trust, that whatever you did last weekend, it was mostly what you wanted to do.,

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i was forced to drown my sorrow in Tequila and loud music.

So you just figured the river rescue folks would take care of everything? Ya know, the guys who play the banjo.

1 minute ago, thebes said:

So you just figured the river rescue folks would take care of everything? Ya know, the guys who play the banjo.

i wasn’t thinking right ... you know, the trauma and all ... or was it the alcohol?  if it helps ... I probably didn’t enjoy any of it. I know the photos tell a different story; but, it was all an act, I promise. The lights were flashing and bright, the girls were dancing, and i just didn’t want to disappoint everyone --  so I powered through that Friday party and the Saturday afternoon one too.  But, that one Saturday night was particularly hard. A few of the supermodels wanted me to join them on a raft in the pool. I tried; but, found myself overturning the raft and, with a clenched fist, shouting “THEBES ... WHY?"

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i wasn’t thinking right ... you know, the trauma and all ... or was it the alcohol?  if it helps ... I probably didn’t enjoy any of it. I know the photos tell a different story; but, it was all an act, I promise. The lights were flashing and bright, the girls were dancing, and i just didn’t want to disappoint everyone --  so I powered through that Friday party and the Saturday afternoon one too.  But, that one Saturday night was particularly hard. A few of the supermodels wanted me to join them on a raft in the pool. I tried; but, found myself overturning the raft and, with a clenched fist, shouting “THEBES ... WHY?"

you know, we should write a book.

15 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Always follow a Thebes. There is no "Why" in Thebes.