Marantz pm series with 600m

anspower

Hey friends, i bought a pair of 600m and now im looking for a amp. I have an opportunity to get an second hand marantz pm6004 with a nice price. So, what do u guys think about this amp with the klipsch? Besides, Its 45 watts but the speakers are 100, i know about the sensitive, but its really safe (will drive)? Tanks a lot

Edited by anspower
  • Like 1

@anspower,

Welcome to the forum.

I think the PM6004 will do just fine with the 600Ms.  Before I got my Yamaha A-S1000 with "90w/channel", I drove my RB-75s with a Cambridge Audio 640A with it's 75w/ch in a 4000ft3 room and experienced no issues at all.  Very nice combination.

Bill

10 hours ago, willland said:

@anspower,

Welcome to the forum.

I think the PM6004 will do just fine with the 600Ms.  Before I got my Yamaha A-S1000 with "90w/channel", I drove my RB-75s with a Cambridge Audio 640A with it's 75w/ch in a 4000ft3 room and experienced no issues at all.  Very nice combination.

Bill

thanks Bill, in fact now im doubt with the pm6004 or a nad 316 bee v2, after some reviews

• Like 1

20 hours ago, anspower said:

Its 45 watts but the speakers are 100, i know about the sensitive, but its really safe

Welcome :D 

Don't worry about the speakers rating. A couple of watts will give you very loud sound. And, do not worry about safety; you will only blow speakers if you give them too much power. As an example, I just got a pair of CF-3's ... love them. They are rated at 250watts (?) ... used to drive them with a 30wpc vintage Marantz ... great sound.  OK; got a 220wpc vintage Kenwood for them ... think it is an improvement, but probably only because I paid a good amount of $$ for that amp. :D 

About the PM6004 ... not familiar with them :(  ... but no room to expand your system as it has no pre-outs ...